Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Would you pay PPV fees for UFC 120?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this card has received alot of flack for being a lackluster event. Personally i could understand if they made an Ultimate Fight Night event in the UK, but to have an official UFC event with the line-up thats listed is, to me, ridiculous.

So, if it were PPV like other official UFC events, would you buy it?

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
No I would not - But that's just because I'm a poor student... I think this card has the potential to be suprisingly entertaining... Does lack som name-value though

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
It isn't a PPV putting a number on it doesn't mean anything in the terms of quality of fights. The UFN shows are a spiketv product they have input into who gets on them which is why so many TUF guys are on them and they have so many contracted UFN shows a year. Things like this and the WEC prelim are negotiated outside of that. It is why the Versus cards aren't called UFN. What do you expect them to just come up with a new name for something they do maybe once a year at the most.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Even if i'd have the possibility to buy it...i wouldn't.
I don't think it's a bad card. I am always the belief that a book can't be judged by it's cover. :)
Same with this card. Even if it doesn't have the biggest names on it, it could turn out to be a killer fight card.
Would have been better with Dong Hyun Kim on it, but ... that's life.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It isn't a PPV putting a number on it doesn't mean anything in the terms of quality of fights. The UFN shows are a spiketv product they have input into who gets on them which is why so many TUF guys are on them and they have so many contracted UFN shows a year. Things like this and the WEC prelim are negotiated outside of that. It is why the Versus cards aren't called UFN. What do you expect them to just come up with a new name for something they do maybe once a year at the most.
Surprise surprise, Osmium being a douche again. Who'd have thought it? :confused05:

It isn't a PPV
Thats why the thread title reads "If UFC 120 was PPV would you buy it?"

What do you expect
I expect a better card. I thought that was pretty obvious. Would it be easier for you to comprehend if there was less writing and more pictures?

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
weak cards on paper almost always make great cards to watch, the UFC 95:Sanchez v Stevenson card was one of the best UFC's ever IMO. I was gonna go to watch this card(UFC 120) live but But the lack of names on the card and a very weak main event put me off. But i think i would pay for the PPV(if we had to here in the UK), but only because i couldnt miss any UFC for the world.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Surprise surprise, Osmium being a douche again. Who'd have thought it? :confused05:

Thats why the thread title reads "If UFC 120 was PPV would you buy it?"

I expect a better card. I thought that was pretty obvious. Would it be easier for you to comprehend if there was less writing and more pictures?
If it was a PPV it wouldn't have the same card but you are too dumb to understand that because you are equating it to a PPV. This thread is just a continuation of your crying which is bullshit because England doesn't get bad cards ever and has gotten star power on most of their cards. England has gotten CroCop, AA, Randy, BJ, Hughes, and Diego. Not to mention guys like Lyoto, Alves, and Werdum before they were names.

"Personally i could understand if they made an Ultimate Fight Night event in the UK, but to have an official UFC event with the line-up thats listed is, to me, ridiculous."

Right here you are equating it to a PPV and not a UFN. My original post explained why they don't call it a UFN and why what you are saying is absurd.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, not a chance.

Not enough quality on the card for me.

Still it may end up being an exciting card. The quality of the fighters is no guarantee that a fight card will be good.
Two ham and eggers can put up an exciting fight if they matchup well.

Anyway it's free here so I'll be watching it for sure. Here's to hoping that the fights are all good. If they are even half as good as the UFC 116 fights, I'll be more than happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts