Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could bring back one fighter in their prime to fight a fight now, who would those two fighters be? I know the older fighters are at the level some fighters are at today, but just just a fight for your entertainment.

·
Banned
0 Posts
If were bringing guys back in their prime......theres only one Hoyce Gracie....and dont give me any shit about Matt Hughs....If they fought at both their primes Hughs goes down via submission.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Either Bas Rutten or Vitor Belfort.

It would also be fun to see how Marco Ruas would do now, since he was the most well rounded fighter of his time, but I guess he would get his ass kicked really fast now.

·
Banned
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who would ya'll like to see the guy you bring back fight?

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
A healthy Bas Rutten with improved tdd would be awesome. Bas was a great striker and could have been a force in the ufc. Bas vs Pedro Rizzo would have been an awesome fight circa 1999-2001. So yeah, Prime Rizzo vs Prime Rutten.

Don Frye at 205 was a good choice too. Don was really well rounded. A healthy Frye adapted to today's game would be sweet as well. Don Frye vs Wandy.

Sakuraba fighting at 185 pounds should have happened a long time ago. Sakuraba vs Frank Shamrock.

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
Pre arm-break Shogun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts