Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'd go with "Ice Cold" Igor Vovchanchyn. I loved watching that guy fight.

·
Banned
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
If were bringing guys back in their prime......theres only one Hoyce Gracie....and dont give me any shit about Matt Hughs....If they fought at both their primes Hughs goes down via submission.:thumbsup:
I know hoyce was sick at submission but keep in mind hughes is a great wrestler and can pound his ass as well as he has great stand up compaired to hoyce

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I'd like to see a healthy Rumina Sato, actually. He was mind blowing in his time, and was someone who was revolutionary. He's like Shooto's Sakuraba, and it sort of sucks to see him take the Saku path of making me not want to watch his fights after he got smashed by Hansen.

Sato (1999) vs Tokoro (2005) would've been an awesome fight.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Mezger, hands down. Him vs. Chuck, or Wandy again would rule, and go totally different.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
prime mezger vs. prime tito
that'd be fun to watch
Except Tito always got the better of the Den back in the day. Man I hate Tito.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Mezger won 1 as did Tito. And I don't consider the Mezger we saw in the UFC nearly as devastating and complete of a fighter as the Mezger we saw in Pride.
Absolutely. Guy vs. Tito III is one of those eternal what-if fights that will never happen. Mezger's striking and takedown defence got so much better after Tito beat him.
It would be awesome to see Frank Shamrock, circa 1999 at 185 against guys like Anderson and Hendo.
I'd like to see a prime Carlos Newton at 170 again, too, instead of the flabby middleweight Carlos that got handled by Oyama.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I thought that Mezger was going to beat Tito the third time, since he really has improved. He went from a sub fighter to a great striker with solid wrestling and sub skills. He looked great whomping guys like Egan Inoue & Alexander Otsuka (Twice). I miss Guy stepping in there. Dude was so talented.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts