Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I dont know about those ones, but im pretty sure your not supposed to do a "dirty uncle", also known as the "downstairs meat hook".

·
official thrash metal connoisseur
3,329 Posts
neck cranks are legal... I've seen many people try them when they can't get a RNC sinked in.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
fishhooks (hooking a finger into the cheek and pulling), hair pulls, knee twists and small joint manipulations are illegal, all others as far as I know are legal.

Though I've always wondered why you never see the "**** choke" (pardon the name) in MMA. Seems like the easiest thing to do from the mount would be to just put both hands on the neck and squeeze.. doesn't seem to be anything explicitly in the rules against it as far as I can tell, and seems it would be fairly effective. Maybe it is illegal too?

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
fishhooks (hooking a finger into the cheek and pulling), hair pulls, knee twists and small joint manipulations are illegal, all others as far as I know are legal.

Though I've always wondered why you never see the "**** choke" (pardon the name) in MMA. Seems like the easiest thing to do from the mount would be to just put both hands on the neck and squeeze.. doesn't seem to be anything explicitly in the rules against it as far as I can tell, and seems it would be fairly effective. Maybe it is illegal too?
Didn't Wandy do a **** choke punch to the face combo to finish jardine?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Small joint manipulation is a pretty vague term. Are they only referring to fingers and toes? I don't believe I've ever seen a fighter attempt a wrist-related submission, or twisting the wrist toward the hand to gain control of the arm to perhaps procure an arm bar. Also, a frontal choke like the "****" choke is highly susceptible to simply tucking your chin down. Not to mention, it's not a blood choke, it could take a long time to actually submit a strong, struggling opponent. It would be much more a nuisance than simply punching someone in the head, or using it for anything other than temporarily trying to keep their head in place for a punch or elbow, in my opinion.

·
Registered
314 Posts

One of my coaches has started doing this. Its uncomfortable but not a real finishing move..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
"**** Choke" is an air choke, which takes a long time to make you pass out, especially if you have good cardio.

it also occupies both hands with no great leverage, so it would be easy to buck you off, use a great hip escape/sweep from bottom. also, every martial art in the book has 22 different arm bars from a choke before you even get past yellow belt; you'd just be setting yourself up for a quick tap or snap.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
the two handed "****" choke doesnt really lock in tho, thats the real problem. Guys can roll out or straight power out unlike RNCs and triangle chokes and such that lock in. I would still love to see a big fight finished with it tho, i wonder what Joe would say??

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The **** choke does work in situations if you use them correctly. Of course it depends on the situation and the age of the....um. It works.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have found the **** choke is really only effective on a struggling underage girl jogging through the park late at night.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Doesn't the **** choke fall under;

Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea

which is illegal?

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Small joint manipulation is a pretty vague term. Are they only referring to fingers and toes? I don't believe I've ever seen a fighter attempt a wrist-related submission, or twisting the wrist toward the hand to gain control of the arm to perhaps procure an arm bar.
Yea it is pretty vague I was thinking the same thing. I see ankle locks often enough but I don't remember ever seeing wrist locks. Maybe it's hard to do with the gloves? I dunno but I did Aikido for a long time and wrist locks are like second nature to me. I have used them in a few street fights, and they always work. I think I saw Karo use a wrist manipulating throw when he fought Dave Strasser back in the day. It looked exactly like one of the throws I learned in Judo that employs wrist manipulation.

How easy is it to get out of a "cop armbar"? You know when you're on your belly and the guy has your back and decides to take one of your arms and torque it behind you real hard. Wonder how that would go down in an MMA match.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
how about a nipple or stomach twist? lol

·
Registered
642 Posts

Why? because you'd get swept so fast it wouldn't be funny, and then all the fans can laugh at your for being a retard. That is why no one does the aforementioned choke.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
dude you can do neck cranks.

but the best submissions are illegal. im talking the eye gouge, fish hook, throat squeeze, groin grab/smash. they take almost no skill and are the quickest and most effective :thumb02:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

I dont think there illegal, I just dont think that their worth the effort. When you grab his throat you also have to pull the back of his head up at the same time and all he has to do is buck or roll or put his fingers straight into your throat. You see you cant maintain position when applying a "rake choke". Its also called a rake choke because you use your hand like a rake across his neck. FYI:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts