Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the StrikeForce Nashville event on April 17th. There was really no question whether to go or not no matter the card since it's 1 hour from me and it's a major event. It's also my first ever MMA event. BUT I don't know what to make of the card. I'm a knowledgable UFC fan and I do watch StrikeForce and I'm familiar with Jake Shields/Hendo and Gegard/King Mo but I haven't seen much out of them to really form an opinion (except I know Hendo and Jake enough and know what they're capable of).

There's only 3 main card fights so far and I have no idea who Gilbert Melendez or Shinya Aoki is. Is this card just "meh" or should I be excited? Don't get me wrong I'm excited to go because I know the atmosphere will be crazy and adrenaline pumping but as for the actual card itself should I really be excited? I know StrikeForce is kinda bush league with the way they handle their champions and their weight classes aren't very organized but still.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You're a lucky man. I'd love to go see this card. Three title fights with some great fighters. Im not gonna lie, I'm jealous. Have fun over there :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Man this is probably the best card SF ever brought togheter since they are around! And this event will probably hold that status for quite some time.

Have fun you lucky...^^

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you kidding. You have internet go to youtube and check out these guys highlights.
You wont be dissapointed.
This card is amazing.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I am listening to Mo Lawal on the Jason Ellis show on satellite radio, and I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY excited to watch him fight Mousasi.

Be stoked you are going!!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Great event to choose to attend... excellent star power... Aokis American debut,
Gegard defending, the fight of Jake Shields carreer... this card is gonna make Strikeforce history...

Enjoy.

Post pictures....and make sure to get a few of the ring girls..:D

Reactions: Rauno

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Be sure to post some pictures, so we could envy you a bit more. This card is stacked, you are indeed lucky.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
That is an awesome card to go to and I wish that I could go! I agree with everyone here! Take some pictures and share please! :thumb02:

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Aoki and Melendez are two of the best LWs in the world that aren't signed to the UFC, you are in for a treat.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Cool man. Have a blast. I was at UFC 88 here in Atlanta and it was incredible. (that's my avatar pic). Over 14k showed up from all over the place. Chi-town, NY, Cali, Vegas. It sucked seeing my boy Chuck get COMPLETELY shut off by Evans but it was still incredible. No matter where your seats are you still see it right in your face on the big screens. Now as far as Strikeforce's card...awesome. They have really beefed up with talented fighters. Strikeforce has pretty much drowned out the WEC...

·
Registered
135 Posts
honestly i don't like the UFC events as much as strikeforce. I went to UFC 104 in LA and it was awesome don't get me wrong but it was boring because there was at least a 10 minute break in between fights so that they could show more fights on PPV where as strikeforce, they put on exciting fights and the fights go right after each other.

and i think that there aren't as many casual fans at the strikeforce fights then there is at the UFC events.

these are my thoughts so if you don't agree, im sorry.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm going to the StrikeForce Nashville event on April 17th. There was really no question whether to go or not no matter the card since it's 1 hour from me and it's a major event. It's also my first ever MMA event. BUT I don't know what to make of the card. I'm a knowledgable UFC fan and I do watch StrikeForce and I'm familiar with Jake Shields/Hendo and Gegard/King Mo but I haven't seen much out of them to really form an opinion (except I know Hendo and Jake enough and know what they're capable of).

There's only 3 main card fights so far and I have no idea who Gilbert Melendez or Shinya Aoki is. Is this card just "meh" or should I be excited? Don't get me wrong I'm excited to go because I know the atmosphere will be crazy and adrenaline pumping but as for the actual card itself should I really be excited? I know StrikeForce is kinda bush league with the way they handle their champions and their weight classes aren't very organized but still.
Shinya Aoki,is regarded by many as probably the best submission artist in mma today, Mousasi is an exciting fighter who trains with arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world in Fedor Emelianenko.
Dan Henderson is the only fighter ever to hold two belts at the same time, and King Mo is a highly touted prospect. A lot of hardcore mma fans would chop off their own arm to see this event live, you've done well here, and think i'm right in saying that your seeing some of the best fighters in their respective divisions not currently fighting in the ufc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll be going too (I'm only like 30 mins away from Nashville); this will also be by first MMA event, so I don't really know what to expect.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be going too (I'm only like 30 mins away from Nashville); this will also be by first MMA event, so I don't really know what to expect.
Just out of curiosity where do you live? I live in Hopkinsville Kentucky. I visit Clarksville often though.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
It's definitely going to be better then the last UFC event i can promise you that. Enjoy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts