Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, it was Tito who said it......

Tito Ortiz recently appeared on Brazilian television show Sensei SPORTV and proclaimed himself the "Muhammad Ali of mixed martial arts." If by that he means he's past his prime and is suffering from the effects of too many shots to the head, then we agree wholeheartedly.

"I'm the Muhammad Ali of mixed martial arts. I'm the guy who can speak well and who promotes and tries to make it better for the fighters of the future. All the fighters; Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Babalu -- all these guys who make great money now as fighters here in the United States, they can thank me. Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture -- these guys can thank me, because I was the guy fighting for that and I was the guy getting all of the bad publicity from Dana White trying to smash me."

"I'm smart. I'm a good businessman. I understand the stuff around me and I really want to fight well when it's competing time, but I make sure I can talk better when it's over after I beat the guy. It's a respect value, but it's an entertainment value and people gotta' understand that, that yeah, the entertainment stuff and the stuff I talked before, it's just to get inside the guy's head. I want to get inside his head so when it's fight time he's thinking about the bad things I said and not thinking about what he needs to do to beat me and I've gotten inside guys' heads by doin' that over and over again and I continue to do it. I don't know. It's psychology, I guess you could say. But when it's fight time, it's real. There's no fake punches and there's nothing fake about anything we do. It's reality fighting. I think that's why it's one of the fastest growing sports in the world and I'm still here."

You lost us at "I'm the guy who can speak well."

http://www.cagepotato.com/titos-got-big-head

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
You should have made us guess who said it....

I was about to say Kalib Starnes.... because of his footwork.

Reactions: JimmyJames

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have made us guess who said it....

I was about to say Kalib Starnes.... because of his footwork.
HahahaHAHAHAHAAHAHA, Kalib "The Running Man" Starnes.

Don't forget Dominic Cruz is White Ali.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
My gosh, Tito announcing made me cringe. I couldn't get through 45 seconds of it before I had to turn it off. The guy is an absolute idiot. I like his old fights when he'd take guys down and ground and pound, but his era is over (unless he makes some kind of miraculous recovery from surgery) and he needs to just go run his clothing business.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Cracked skull made him stupid.

Then again he was always this stupid.

I hope Shogun defends the LHW belt and breaks Tito's record so he can STFU about that.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Thanks for all the memories Tito, truly the peoples champion.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I'll consider it if Tito grows a fro'.

Bonus points if he trains with Jamie Yager.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I didn't follow MMA in it's heyday so I never saw this guy do anything but make excuses for his loses. Just when I thought he couldn't say anything that would bring my respect(?) for him lower, he does it.
Comparing himself to the man that brought boxing back from the brink of oblivion, a man with almost super-human skills and reflexes is simply a joke, a desecration of Ali's career. This guy is a walking joke.
Someone needs to either invent a muzzle for humans or maybe just keep him sedated 24/7.
This is so foul.
Please note he is American and not English for all you people that think I only savage English fighters.
What I don't like are people with big(huge) mouths.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Muhammad Ali did alot of things outside the ring in society that really distinguished himself over any other athlete, I usually like Tito but he's definitely being an idiot here.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
................................hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man as a kid who grew up idolizing Muhammad "THE greatest of all time" Ali this kind of comment comming from a b***h like tito should just piss me off. comparing yourself to a guy who electrified and revolutionized a sport all the while destroying himself in the process. Who was both a political and intellectual in his own right, who will go down as the greatest not just because of what he did in the ring but outside of it makes me want to punch tito in the nose.

ill say it for the umpteenth time F**k Tito.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.