Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
He seems honest. Comes off as an asshole, but seems to be pretty down to earth. Nevermind all the stories about not fighting in the US, defending belt or roids, I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Brett has stated that it's his time and deserves the title. I whole-heartedly disagree. I can't give him more than a punchers chance in this fight. Except for punching power, Overeem is better in every aspect. Looking forward to those crippling knees.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
He seems honest. Comes off as an asshole, but seems to be pretty down to earth. Nevermind all the stories about not fighting in the US, defending belt or roids, I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Brett has stated that it's his time and deserves the title. I whole-heartedly disagree. I can't give him more than a punchers chance in this fight. Except for punching power, Overeem is better in every aspect. Looking forward to those crippling knees.
I agree. I think that everything about Overeem's striking is better than Rogers. Rogers does have more power, but that does not mean that Overeem doesn't have the power to KO Rogers. But speed, technique, and versatility definitely go to Overeem.

·
Registered
603 Posts

I don't understand the Strikeforce matchmaking for this, if he wins he gets a probable Fedor rematch for the belt?
It should have been Fedor and Alistair for belt from the start unless Fedor just wanted to aclimatise to fighting in a cage first off.
Hopefully Alistair will win, and we'll get to see him and FEDOR go at it, but Rogers always has a punchers chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.