Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
foget the sonnen fight for a minute. How Dana gonna fire the guy with the belt who held it with no qestion.
I seen ufc 112 anderson beat that guy but, When I rewatched that fight his chalenger stayed in the pocket and was still a threat, so did silva do the right thing by winning the majority of the fight and play it safe dont risk it Win the decision. Is that what sonnen should of did in silvas last fight.

I just wish silva would call Dana White out he is the only one that can do it, he could refuse to fight or theatin to leave ufc if Dana doesnt shut his mouth. After the fight Silva should of refuse to shake dana whites hand, but Silva wouldnt do that hes only a A-hole wen he fights, What Dana's excuse

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
foget the sonnen fight for a minute. How Dana gonna fire the guy with the belt who held it with no qestion.
I seen ufc 112 anderson beat that guy but, When I rewatched that fight his chalenger stayed in the pocket and was still a threat, so did silva do the right thing by winning the majority of the fight and play it safe dont risk it Win the decision. Is that what sonnen should of did in silvas last fight.

I just wish silva would call Dana White out he is the only one that can do it, he could refuse to fight or theatin to leave ufc if Dana doesnt shut his mouth. After the fight Silva should of refuse to shake dana whites hand, but Silva wouldnt do that hes only a A-hole wen he fights, What Dana's excuse
I really don't mean to be an ass or anything... but look, I see this shit constantly, and it drives me nuts. This is a forum for discussion. Try to at least write things out some what coherently.

It's difficult to take you (not just you but everyone who does this) seriously when you misspell everything, and all of your sentences read like something someone who just learned how to read wrote them.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
foreal guys, this is a cross your T's and dot your I's website. I wasnt trying to right a essay I just type what I was thinking, and was wonder if anybody else thought about it. So if you dont have any thoughts to share about the topic save your comment, no matter how good of a writer you are.
I would rather read the post with a point than a post that its only point is a period.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
foreal guys, this is a cross your T's and dot your I's website. I wasnt trying to right a essay I just type what I was thinking, and was wonder if anybody else thought about it. So if you dont have any thoughts to share about the topic save your comment, no matter how good of a writer you are.
I would rather read the post with a point than a post that its only point is a period.
My point was that sometimes it's hard to even pay attention to what someone is trying to talk about when what they wrote is a complete disaster. I'd rather read something that was coherently written so I don't have to try and figure out what you're even trying to say. If you want to be taken seriously take a couple of more minutes to reread what you wrote and make sure it isn't a mess.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess my point is why would Silva eat so much crap from Dana White if he doesnt have to.
Why not call him out, if anyone thinks Dana was ever going to fire Silva there wrong, this was petty boxing promoton at it finest at Silva exspence.

sorry for the misspelled words

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I guess my point is why would Silva eat so much crap from Dana White if he doesnt have to.
Why not call him out, if anyone thinks Dana was ever going to fire Silva there wrong, this was petty boxing promoton at it finest at Silva exspence.

sorry for the misspelled words
This is an old topic really. Anderson probably doesn't call Dana out aka ask Dana to fire him because he enjoys being employed in the top tier MMA association. There are no Fedor's in the UFC. Strike Force NEEDS Fedor to keep their stock high. The UFC really likes Anderson, but the UFC isn't in "need," of anyone. If anyone has that Fedor'esque pull, it would be Brock Lesnar, simply because his name sells the most PPV's.

Historically, Anderson doesn't sell high numbered PPV's, not until this Sonnen fight and that's because Chael did all the leg work to sell it. Anderson doesn't promote his own fights. He doesn't do much to market himself to the American Media and mostly does Brazilian shows & interviews.

Anderson, not counting this last fight with Chael, is probably the least PPV draw of the UFC Champions. He may arguably be the most talented champion, but he doesn't market himself, doesn't create interest and therefore, again, short of this last fight with Chael, is not a huge PPV draw.

If anything, Chael ended up being Anderson's bitch, because Chael went out and got all the money by stirring up so much interest and Andy just sat back and collected on Chael's marketing efforts.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but you should at least pay respect to other people by writing correctly. He IS from America.
I don't really agree. As long as it's legible, what's the difference? Why don't we stick to debating the topics at hand and leave the english professor criticism outside.

·
Big Dawg
911 Posts
Do you have peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth or something.
This just made me laugh. As far as the point is concerned, love him or hate him, Dana just shoots from the hip. He just says what he is thinking at the moment. In regards to the 112 fight, he was pissed. Here they are in Abu Dhabi, the UFC just sold shares to some guys over there and "The Golden Child" Silva just made a mockery of what could have been a quick showcase for his skills. He doesn't want to look like an A-hole to his new partners (although many feel he does anyway) so he publically rips Silva.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
isnt what silva got bad mouth for is what sonnen lost too. Not playing it safe after winning the majority of the rounds.In Ufc 112 when silva beat Maia, Maia took a lot of punishment but was still a threat he stayed in the pocket had a good cross and if Silva wanted to do combos there was a chance of getting caught with that cross, just like Sonnen took the chance of silva pulling off the traingle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
isnt what silva got bad mouth for is what sonnen lost too. Not playing it safe after winning the majority of the rounds.In Ufc 112 when silva beat Maia, Maia took a lot of punishment but was still a threat he stayed in the pocket had a good cross and if Silva wanted to do combos there was a chance of getting caught with that cross, just like Sonnen took the chance of silva pulling off the traingle.
I disagree. Silva acted like a dick and ran around the ring making a mockery of the sport.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
I disagree. Silva acted like a dick and ran around the ring making a mockery of the sport.
Different perspectives although that's what happens with a lower caliber fighter and especially against a BJJ expert(s). The Anderson Silva we all saw this weekend had a sense of urgency like never before. He came out gunz a blazing, got rocked several times, and weathered a serious shit storm. Fan or not everybody was shocked cuz he got hit in one round more than his entire career combined. It was pretty surreal...

The way I see it Anderson got $60k for FOTN, $60k for SOFT, a win bonus, and retained his MW Championship belt so Chael got the short of the stick so to speak.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, I didnt know A.Silva wasnt that good of a PPV seller, Im surprised with as many of his fans I have ran into at the bar, so I know dudes got a huge following.
Yeah the heavy weights always been the ballers (big sellers)
, people love monsters lol, like Lesner ,strikeforce got that Bobby lasher, will see he got a baby face though.

Yeah getting off subject sorry,
All im saying is Dana has to kiss a little but behind closed door, or Silvas translaters aint really translating there like "dana says your great"lol ,
a little sonnen for you. Sonnen was cracking me up on mma live, dude was sounding like john wayne smack talking before fighting a indian

1 - 20 of 27 Posts