Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corey Anderson's pay for UFC 244:

Corey Anderson: $184,000 (includes $67,000 win bonus and $50,000 'Performance of the Night' bonus) Source: UFC 244 Salaries: Jorge Masvidal And Nate Diaz Lead Purse Report

Ryan Bader's pay for Bellator 226:

Ryan Bader $100,000 (no win bonus) Source: Bellator 226 main card salaries: Bader and Kongo each earn $100k

Last time I checked $134k off a win in the UFC for Corey Anderson is more than the $100k Ryan Bader is paid for being bellator's two division champ.

Corey Anderson could move from the UFC to bellator, only to be paid less.

Sad to see fighters being taken advantage of this way, if that's the case.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
It's probably like how Benson Henderson thought he'd be making more money because of his sponsorship money but isn't actually making more money. Corey Anderson is probably thinking the same thing that he's gonna be making more money with sponsorship money but again depends on his sponsors. I think Brenden Shaub would make more money under Bellator with the kinda sponsors he got.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Rory MacDonald did an additional $200,000 per fight off his dashcoin cryptocurrency sponsorship.

The only guy who made decent $$ through sponsors at bellator afaik.

Maybe one reason bellator cut him before he could get the word out.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Well at this point he's fighting for the money and considering he's the best welterweight on the Professional Fighters League roster he has a good chance of winning that million dollar jackpot. Also PFL allows fighters to put their own sponsors on the PFL uniforms. I wonder if the Venom deal with allow more flexibility in that regard as well.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PFL allows fighters to put their own sponsors on the PFL uniforms. I wonder if the Venom deal with allow more flexibility in that regard as well.

They won't. Partly due to Tito Ortiz and punishment athletics promising Jason Brilz $500 to have their logo on his fight shorts. And Jason Brilz never being paid for that.

There were a lot of cases of UFC fighters being stiffed & not being paid by sponsors. Similar to how bare knuckle isn't paying some ppl.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
I'd say bare knuckle is more similar to when K-1 and Dream weren't paying their fighters towards the end of its' run when it was bleeding money. Also I do remember that fighters were getting stiffed which was why the UFC was basically requiring a sponsor tax. Unfortunately some fighters made good money with sponsors.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some fighters made good money with sponsors.

Wonder how much $$ dude wipes is worth in bellator.

Wonder if dude wipes ever considered picking up Yoel Romero and Justine Kish.

Their shit happens sponsorship line would never be complete without those two on it.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If Derrick Lewis can get that popeye's chicken sponsorship.

I see no reason why Justine Kish and Yoel Romero couldn't be picked up by dude wipes.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
That all is massively entertaining. If there were Popeyes around here I'd eat some to support Derrick Lewis.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Derrick Lewis popeye ads make me feel tempted to raise wild chickens and learn to clean and fry them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts