Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bothers me about Cruz is his inability to finish fights in the WEC. Ever since his debut in WEC every single one of his fights goes to a decision. Is the BW division that strong? Or is Cruz imo just floating by through decisions. I honestly think Bowles would of KO'd him had he not broken his hand. I'm certain he'll loose the belt against Benavidez/Jorgensen whoever it may be. What do you guys think?

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
What bothers me about Cruz is his inability to finish fights in the WEC. Ever since his debut in WEC every single one of his fights goes to a decision. Is the BW division that strong? Or is Cruz imo just floating by through decisions. I honestly think Bowles would of KO'd him had he not broken his hand. I'm certain he'll loose the belt against Benavidez/Jorgensen whoever it may be. What do you guys think?

I'd like to see more of him that's for sure, i don't mind decisicions as longs as the fighters are working.

He looked like he was tooling Bowles and i don't think a good hand would've changed that.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Bowles didn't have a chance in that fight Cruz was dancing around him and picking him apart. Cruz straight broke Bowles, he didn't want to go back out for another round and get hit anymore, broken hand or not, he wasn't going to win that fight imo.

Having said that I'm curious to see his next fight, he really impressed me with him movement against Bowles, his striking was crisp. I wonder about his power a little, he caught Brain clean a few times I don't remember him every wobbling him.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Not sure to be honest I though Bowles would run through Cruz but its hard to argue he did not look like a viscous killer in there. He was picking Bowles apart and absolutely dominating him.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think decisions are bad if the fight was entertaining, like that other guy said. When you've got two guys who really want to win in the cage, sometimes neither will break and they won't be able to finish each other. Also, BW being smaller have a lower probability, generally speaking, to knock out their opponents.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
GSP has quite a few decisions under his belt and I don't think very many people would question his title, although he is GSP. Personally I like guys who finish fights, but that's just me. Time will tell with Cruz though, don't think he'll have the belt for long.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
It does not matter to me if every one of his wins is a decision. He is a very busy, unorthodox, and entertaining fighter. He is a champion even though I believe that Benavidez will beat him. Cruz is the champ for a reason and sooner or later he will probably get some crap decision on a close fight and have to re-evaluate his fighting style.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
He's white Ali......nuf said.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
I honestly think Bowles would of KO'd him had he not broken his hand.
What are you talking about?
Cruz was tearing Bowles apart in that fight.
Bowles was lucky to broke his hand or else he would be humiliated (even worse) by Cruz.
Cruz has an excellent foot work and if he can increase the power on his hands he will be a worthy champ!

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I agree, Bowles was getting worked on his feet. Cruz was sharper all night. I think that Bowles would have done better had he not broken his hand, but I think that he was getting picked apart by Cruz.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
Agreed. I think that Bowles could possibly have pulled off what he did against Torres had he not broken his hand. He had that one punch power, but I don't believe that he has the abilities to be consistent in title defenses. However, at 135 I think that Cruz does have the consistancy to do well in multiple title defenses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts