Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been on the forums all day here so far and more than a few of you said that Rich Franklin looked scared / not himself / tense / injured , etc. I think Rich was done in by the hype surrounding Anderson Silva and by the time he walked to the Octagon, he was defeated. Knowing this, does anyone really think he has the mental toughness to overcome the loss, let alone the talent?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think he does, cause when ur fighting as the champ, u got everything to lose, especially against a so called newcomer like anderson, what people dont know is that hes like the top brazillian striker, and has many fights under his belt, but back to rich, hes gunna come back with a smart gameplan, not 'im gunna stand up with him".....bad move there, and hes gunna be more aggressive cause hes got nothing to lose, but he needs a fight before he goes back for the title, cause he needs to make sure the same thing doesnt happen to him that did to david louassou(definatly spelled that wrong)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thetotalpackage said:
i think he does, cause when ur fighting as the champ, u got everything to lose, especially against a so called newcomer like anderson, what people dont know is that hes like the top brazillian striker, and has many fights under his belt, but back to rich, hes gunna come back with a smart gameplan, not 'im gunna stand up with him".....bad move there, and hes gunna be more aggressive cause hes got nothing to lose, but he needs a fight before he goes back for the title, cause he needs to make sure the same thing doesnt happen to him that did to david louassou(definatly spelled that wrong)
As a Franklin fan I am concerned though, he seems to be intelligent enough to learn and grow from his mistakes, but the real Rich never showed up yesterday and Anderson may really be in his head now

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
This is a big question and I dont think anyone can predict how Rich will recover from this loss. This can either make him better than ever or ruin his career.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts