Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think liddel is definatly an mma legend, but he might be getting too old now as he seems to be anti climaxing and the beat from franlkin, even though franklin is a fantastic fighter, is maybe showing his grey hair off... one more fight and then I think chuck should retire, so he still retires legend!:praise01:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think liddel is definatly an mma legend, but he might be getting too old now as he seems to be anti climaxing and the beat from franlkin, even though franklin is a fantastic fighter, is maybe showing his grey hair off... one more fight and then I think chuck should retire, so he still retires legend!:praise01:
Still retires a legend.. is with out a doubt one of the most tired lame ass remarks I've ever heard.

Ali fought way.. way. way past his prime and he's still the biggest legend in boxing. How is Chuck magically gonna stop being a legend?

Ken Shamrock is a retard and he can un legend away what is.

No we don't need Chuck back so he can beat up Tito.
I don't think he got old so much as the sport passed him by. He charged in... and got knocked out.
Oh look Liddel got caught coming forward... again.

His style of pika bo boxing doesn't working in mma at the highest level. Suck it up and move on.

·
Banned
670 Posts
Hell no, its like a bully get beat up, who ever leaves, its great let his punk ass keep getting ktfo, it fun as hell to watch, but he should be an under card, nder Jardine to be honest. But still watching him try to pull that crap from the 90'sm on real fighters cracks us all up, and he still has that look, lmao

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Yes, he was fighting great until his chin got touched and went unconcious. His overhand right wasn't as hard, his kicking was excellent but he didn't use it.

He needs to retire and open up a MMA school or something.

I respectfully disagree. I think his over hand right was as hard as ever. He just wasn't able to tag Franklin with it because Frankly did a good job of avoiding it. Although if that last shot hit Franklins chin instead of his shoulder, who knows. But even that wouldn't have been that solid of a win considering the hand that was defending that side of Franklins head was broken.

Liddell is done, and has been done for a while. I love the guy and what he's done for the sport. But it's obvious regardless of how much work he puts into training he can't hang with the big boys anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I think his over hand right was as hard as ever. He just wasn't able to tag Franklin with it because Frankly did a good job of avoiding it. Although if that last shot hit Franklins chin instead of his shoulder, who knows. But even that wouldn't have been that solid of a win considering the hand that was defending that side of Franklins head was broken.

Liddell is done, and has been done for a while. I love the guy and what he's done for the sport. But it's obvious regardless of how much work he puts into training he can't hang with the big boys anymore.
You say that because it landed a few times atleast glancing on his head, but not direct impacts (and none even glancing on his chin/temple), but nonetheless Ace shrugged it off. But the overhand right used to have enough power to atleast stun a guy if it landed and he'd unleash another one or flurry. Ace's left was pretty hard too and was a better boxer, playing the role of counter-striker.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hell no, its like a bully get beat up, who ever leaves, its great let his punk ass keep getting ktfo, it fun as hell to watch, but he should be an under card, nder Jardine to be honest. But still watching him try to pull that crap from the 90'sm on real fighters cracks us all up, and he still has that look, lmao
I've read this about 10 times, still have no clue what is says.

Liddell is done, has been for a few years.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've read this about 10 times, still have no clue what is says.

Liddell is done, has been for a few years.

Hahah yea.

I thought Liddells kicks actually looked good and he was mixing up his stuff. If only he did that after the Rampage loss he might have got a few more wins in.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Chuck needs to retire, he looked good at the start of the fight, and I actually thought he could KO rich, but then the KO which came from pretty much no where kinda solidifies it for me, Chuck needs to bow out. He'll always be a legend in our eyes anyway.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Chuck is not done. He looked very good last night. He was dominant in the fight and franklin is a good fighter. His chin is not that good anymore but he can still beat some people. Not being able to be a champ doenst mean that you should retire. Chuck is in a better shape right now than in his last few fights. And I love his kicks.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Liddell is my all time favorite fighter for sure. That being said, he NEEDS to retire. Chuck showed the game hasn't passed him by at all. He OBVIOUSLY still very skilled and very quick. He proved almost all his doubters wrong about those things, simply because he was kicking some ass.

Unfortunately Chuck has just taken to many shots. He cannot absorb much punishment anymore and that really really sucks. But there's nothing he can do against it. Age and damage have cauht up with him and there is litterally no way to train against it.

Obviously Chuck as a fighter can hang with these guys, but at the same time unfortunately his body is just letting him down. That's got to be the worst feeling to know you are essentially going to be wasted talent from hear on out.

I have the utmost respect for Chuck and he has nothing to be ashamed of. I feel like he got a moral win last night anyways. Chuck's reign of terror is over now though and I would love if my man could just step down gracefully, enter the hall of fame and retire.

Fighting Tito offers him nothing but another chance to tarnish his name a little bit more. Chuck is possibly the greatest LHW champion of all time and people still remember that, he should definitly strive to keep it that way.

There is just nothing left to prove for Chuck anymore, because last night he showed that in every technical aspect he is still a beast. You just can't train our chin however, once it's gone it's gone for good. No shame in that at all.

It's time to hang the gloves up Chucky boy...

Reactions: RuessValeTudo

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Saying that chuck should retire because of his chin is like saying that duffee should retire because of his chin.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Saying that chuck should retire because of his chin is like saying that duffee should retire because of his chin.
That's not exactly and apt copmparison dude. Todd Duffee got caught by a last ditch effort by one of the biggest guys in the HW division.

I love Chuck Liddell and wouldn't be asking him to retire if I thought he could still fight safely. Chuck is getting put away by shot's that shouldn't be hurting him these days. His chin is just gone. Yes he has the skills but he has nothing to prove and nothing to gain anymore so what's the point.

He showed he is a skilled fighter who can hang with the likes of Franklin and above. BUT he risks causing himself severe permanent injuries if he doesn't hang up the gloves.

It's so hard for guys to fight the perect fight and not get hit. Especially because Chuck ALLWAYS get's hit, that was his tyle and it worked for him. But now his chin is gone and I have to think anyone who tags him these day's is gonna get the W.

That's not a knock on Chuck, it's just a knock on his ageing body which he can do nothing about. Duffee is young and explosive and got KO'ed ONCE Chuck has been KO'ed nearly 5 times and in rapid succession.

Like I said, I wouldnt be saying this if I didn't truly believe it to be the truth. Chuck is one of the best LHW champions ever and I want to remember him as such. Im not trying to be down on Chuck. I just want my boy to retire for his own sake. There is litterally nothing left to prove.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Chuck's chin is GONE!!! If it wasn't for that, Franklin was in for an awful beating. Chuck looked fantastic until that short right hand put him to sleep. I think he should definitely retire. Sad to see him go but I think with his new glass chin, even Tito could knock him out, and that would make me cry.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the ring rust caught up with Chuck, he hasn't fought in over 1 year. I would like to see 1 last fight with Tito in the future. I always like to watch Chuck fight in the UFC and will miss not watching any future fights.

Reactions: RuessValeTudo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anybody that gets tagged by that right hand walking forward like that is going down. Wouldn't have even happened if Chuck would keep his ******* hands up. He throws wild reachin punches and leaves his hands out after letting his chin out there way exposed. Its about shitty boxing technique not a bad chin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anybody that gets tagged by that right hand walking forward like that is going down. Wouldn't have even happened if Chuck would keep his ******* hands up. He throws wild reachin punches and leaves his hands out after letting his chin out there way exposed. Its about shitty boxing technique not a bad chin.
I 100% agree! Like I said in another post Chuck used to counter punch more to hurt his opponents THEN go in for the kill after hurting them. His technique isn't good. His power is. He swings hard BUT leaves his chin out there in a bad way.

Going off memory it seems like he started being more aggressive about the same time he started getting KTFO.

He was getting the better of Rich. He should have been more patient and waited for the counter right to land before charging in and swinging from Cleveland. I know woulda, shoulda, coulda but I really thought Chuck looked good in the fight until he got caught.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.