Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Is the IFL for real

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Matt Lindland, Jeremy Horn and some more fighters I have not heard of. They seem to let the fighters fight not like the UFC who holds there fighters to contracts and will not let them fight.

Or is it simply the Minor Leagues?

They have recieved some TV publicity although they lack the hype that UFC and Pride recieve.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Its growing really fast now so i wouldnt say its minor anymore.. Great coaches and the fighters are getting better and better. Great step if your trying to move up fast

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
I like the IFL, The competition is solid and is always getting better, i really think it will end up being a top notch organization

·
Registered
376 Posts
i dont like how its team based... ufc and pride and everywhere else its on an individual basis.. and individual glory no matter what camp your from...

and i hate the fact that if 1 guy is dominant and the rest of the team suck then it makes your entire team suck

·
Registered
204 Posts
Evil said:
Its growing really fast now so i wouldnt say its minor anymore.. Great coaches and the fighters are getting better and better. Great step if your trying to move up fast

I agree it's not as big as Pride or the UFC but I mean they have great fighters in that organization.... My friend Chris Horodecki will be a force in mma in the future and the kid is only 19 years old. Watch out for him people........

·
Registered
204 Posts
ricefarmer said:
there fights are boring ass hell
you want to talk about boring fights....the ultimate fighter show fights are week they dont even seem like themselves.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I dig the IFL.

It's more of a team aspect, which is different. Really good idea, that is executed pretty well. I don't see how it's boring, because you have all these young guys fighting for their team. It's a step in the right direction(Atleast here in North America).

Coaches
Teams
Superfights

Really, it's a great idea. I just wish they had a better TV deal.

·
Banned
723 Posts
I don't care much for the ring. I think it makes the fights less exciting. I like them bettwer when they had the Octogon style setup.

Pogo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.