Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this is not the first time this thread has been brought up but anyway. What do you think?

I personally toon in to TUF at about 1/2 throught the fight to see if the fight has started sometimes the fights are good. I just cant get enoght MMA.

I think it feeds discussions about what fighters act like even though it is faux reality. Can Matt Seirra really be that annoying? Dana seams like a complete ass.

1 or 2 of the fighters per season seam to be the real deal.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya i think its got its pros and cons like everything.

In one sense it draws attention to the sport and helps shows like Ultimate Fight Night. But in the other sense i think its also watered down the UFC. Useing fighters like Danny Abbadi and those types arent very fun to watch, and they don't belong in the UFC imo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah TUF is good in a sense that it has brought an incredible amount of attention to MMA. After TUF 1 the UFC and MMA blew up. This is why we have a lof of fans who are only aware of the UFC and do not know about Pride and other MMA fighters. So it is a good thing because MMA is getting a huge following now. The downside is that the majority of these fighters from TUF will never be fighters you will see with a belt around their waist. Only a small percentage will make serious contendors.

·
Banned
723 Posts
TUF fighter is one of the best things to happen to the UFC. Just compare thier PPV buy rates, attendence, merchandise sales, attention, ect before and fater the TUF.

Pogo

·
Registered
891 Posts
i think instead of UF they should hold mini tourneys in like tristate areas...show the final 4-5 matchs live...and let the winner have a shot at coming in...more live fights...less dramatic bs

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slamnbam88 said:
i think instead of UF they should hold mini tourneys in like tristate areas...show the final 4-5 matchs live...and let the winner have a shot at coming in...more live fights...less dramatic bs
I like what you are saying. I would like to see it focused more on training and making the fighters better. Less on how often people cook and clean. 4 or 5 fights a week might be a few to many.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
Ya i think its got its pros and cons like everything.

In one sense it draws attention to the sport and helps shows like Ultimate Fight Night. But in the other sense i think its also watered down the UFC. Useing fighters like Danny Abbadi and those types arent very fun to watch, and they don't belong in the UFC imo.

I agree, it has good and bad sides.
I don't think some of the guys who lost thier first fight and didn't do anything should get calls to fight.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
it think it has become an important tool. i always said if i ran the ufc i would have like a j.v. league to have a fresh pool of talent to pick from when a division needed some guys. i think the problem is the shows producers have too much say as to who gets on the show. they might pick a guy for his personality or look to be on the show when it should be based on his ability. its obviously help increase profits for the ufc, which is good. that means guys can get more money and sponserships. since i plan to go pro some time next year its pretty important that i can earn a living.

·
Registered
891 Posts
id really like to see tourneys of guys who are supported by a school (like they do for king of the ring) and see how they progress over a year or two. Maybe one would eventually get a shot at getting a belt. To me its more fun to see two guys fight who you only know a little about then a match like tito/shamrock...where its just a matter of time til something bad happens.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tuf

I think that TUF does a good job of attracting attention and it brings alot of new fighters into the UFC, but I would like it more if it focused more on the fighting and training and less on all the drama and BS that occurs between the fighters and coaches.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It does bring more people to see what the UFC brand is and what they do. I think they inly show the drama because it sells people would rather see a Shamrock-ortiz rivalry then couture-lidell especially if they dont really know who they guys are. Just because they seem angry at each other. But the show is giving MMA life because more publicity equals more fans and more fans equal more money, which would give us better fights. So it works out for us in the end.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think it for the most part has a positive impact, as many say in this thread, its gives the UFC a lot of exposure.

Yes more fighting and less personal drama, I really dont care about stuff like Noah's girlfriend, although it was quite funny, but most of all pathetic..

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
fullcontact said:
I think it for the most part has a positive impact, as many say in this thread, its gives the UFC a lot of exposure.

Yes more fighting and less personal drama, I really dont care about stuff like Noah's girlfriend, although it was quite funny, but most of all pathetic..
I thought that was a great part to put in the show. It just showed everyone how serious Dana is about this and that they should be too.

Does anyone know if Noahs still with that girl? That would be great if she dumped him after seeing what a puss he was.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I thought that was a great part to put in the show. It just showed everyone how serious Dana is about this and that they should be too.

Does anyone know if Noahs still with that girl? That would be great if she dumped him after seeing what a puss he was.
i think they did break up shortly after...they said something about it on the show

could be wrong

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ultimate Fighter is incredibly positive for the UFC. It draws more new people into the sport. More people = more popularity = bigger PPV specials = bigger purses = better fighters.

I keep hearing bashing of how new people don't get MMA or they are annoyed by the ignorance. Total ego nonsense. If you want to see great fights you should help as many people as you can understand MMA. It only helps the sport and your own enjoyment down the road.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Ramp36 said:
Ultimate Fighter is incredibly positive for the UFC. It draws more new people into the sport. More people = more popularity = bigger PPV specials = bigger purses = better fighters.

I keep hearing bashing of how new people don't get MMA or they are annoyed by the ignorance. Total ego nonsense. If you want to see great fights you should help as many people as you can understand MMA. It only helps the sport and your own enjoyment down the road.
good post

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It's been damn good for them so far. They've gotten a lot of fans because of the exposure, and they've gotten a whole flock of talent from the three seasons that have so far given us some pretty exciting fights throughout 2005. I think the seasons are only going to get better from here. Here's hoping for a Lightweight division.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts