Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this on the yahoo home page sorry if anybody beat me to it.

"NEWARK, N.J. – If Shane Carwin keeps this up, he’s going to give mixed martial arts a bad name.
This is the sport that takes a lifetime to master. It requires hours upon hours of daily training. It humbles even the greatest of athletes and the strongest of men.
You don’t do MMA as a side job and win championships against the best in the world."
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-carwin032810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

He goes on talking about the fight and post fight comments.
“I do this because I love to do it, not because I have to do it,” Carwin said. “That makes a huge difference.” Shane Carwin.......How is this going to give MMA a bad name? This yahoo writer is a tool

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
You sure the article wasn't written by one Mr F. Mir?

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHAHAHA naw im pretty sure his name is Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports....But I think he was on the phone with said person lolz

·
Registered
780 Posts
That is pretty impressively STUPID right there, heres a man who has worked his hardest for his family, and has a bachelors in mech engineering and enviromental science, who does this not because hes a massiva man with a rocket right hand, a 2 time all american, but beacause he LOVES it, hes PASSIONATE about it.

Reactions: G_Land

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I wonder if Mir will become a stalker to Carwin now?
lol^^ Frank needs to eat humble pie now! The Hype around him was ridiculous..

we can all be so happy, that we don't have to see a third Brock vs. Mir humiliation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts