Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,057 Posts
Yeah we aren't going to see something like that done for probably another fifty years down the line because it won't be feasible. Right now it's basically a science experiment for doing research and maybe after they are done working it out it'll be used. But for right now biology will just have to do.

·
The Title Guy
17,057 Posts
How in the world does one maybe a 3D printed chicken nugget? Grind the chicken then use the machine to create a chicken nugget? That's the only way I can think of that something like that would even be possible.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Its like an inkjet or laser printer crossed with a 3D printer.

In the past they've announced attempts to print skin grafts and replacement organs for medical purposes. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago.

They can do it to a degree. The main question is whether its cost effective in terms of time/money.

·
The Title Guy
17,057 Posts
This is one of those technologies or concepts that will eventually become affordable but it will take time and development to get it one. Also I've heard of that as well. Though I don't know if 3D printed chicken nuggets is for the whole developing meat thing.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I don't think it ever will be affordable.

There is no manufacturing technology that can theoretically compete with self assembly on a nano scale.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts