Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooh lookie here then :)

From UFC.com:

Two of the UFC’s best young welterweights will match skills on Thursday, August 17, when Karo ‘The Heat’ Parisyan battles Diego ‘Nightmare’ Sanchez in the main event of Spike TV’s UFC® Fight Night™, which will be immediately followed by the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter™ 4 – The Comeback.
Ticket and site information, as well as a hard-hitting undercard, will be announced shortly.

Sanchez, 24, the middleweight winner of season one of The Ultimate Fighter™, is unbeaten in mixed martial arts at 17-0, and he is coming off a hard fought decision win over veteran John Alessio at UFC 60 in May. Parisyan (23-3) a seasoned vet himself, though only 23, has won four in a row in the Octagon, and five out of six overall in the UFC, with his only loss coming via decision to number one welterweight contender Georges St. Pierre in 2004. In his last bout, ‘The Heat’ submitted Nick Thompson via strikes in the first round at UFC 59 in April.

I really really like BOTH of them, has the potential to be one hell of a fight. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i cant see either fighter being submitted..so i guess i like diego by decision based on the fact that he's always pushing the pace and is always the busier fighter..very close fight tho..

·
Registered
52 Posts
it should be a really good match, they have similar styles so it could come down to conditioning and one guy making a mistake

·
Banned
110 Posts
This time Diego Sanchez better not win. I think Parisyan will be all over Sanchez like against Matt Serra at UFC 53 and then go to decision and those judges will give UFC's poster boy Diego Sanchez a cheap decision and the fans will boo.

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
Karo is at least the third best welterweight in the UFC. He is going to win this fight by sub after rocking Diego in the 2nd round. This is going to be Diego's first real test and he will never be an elite fighter until he loses a close fight or wins a fight he should lose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is gonna be diego's biggest challenge and I feel he can win this, but it will be extremely tough. diego doesn't have very good standup but I hear he's training muy thai so that just about gives the edge to diego if he's been training in it for a couple months. paryisan doesn't have good standup. if the rumor is false though, it'll take everything diego has to beat him. i can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Venom said:
This is gonna be diego's biggest challenge and I feel he can win this, but it will be extremely tough. diego doesn't have very good standup but I hear he's training muy thai so that just about gives the edge to diego if he's been training in it for a couple months. paryisan doesn't have good standup. if the rumor is false though, it'll take everything diego has to beat him. i can't wait to see it.
but even if deigo is training muat thai.. Who is to say Paryisan is not training in a stand up style to improve himself??? it would only mske sense he is training as well

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Venom said:
venom u must be a huge fan of tuff, because lookin at ur fav fighters they are almost all from the ultimate fighter

·
Registered
44 Posts
Karo, all the way..

·
Registered
794 Posts
Karo is class. Sanchez is still on the way up. Huge match for Sanchez to win. ill say Karo will put the heat on him....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's good that they are making some of the winners have real challenges though. Forrest got one with admittedly an injured Tito, and this will be Diego's biggest one to date. Close call, not sure, just looking forward.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
wow im surprised diego is favored...but i really like diegos aggresiveness i think he is gonna beat karo

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sanchez all the way...This guy has been training Boxing with Oscar DLH and we all know he's excellent on the ground....I think he can beat St Pierre...I'm sure people here are gonna disagree but oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Steeda3 said:
Sanchez all the way...This guy has been training Boxing with Oscar DLH and we all know he's excellent on the ground....I think he can beat St Pierre...I'm sure people here are gonna disagree but oh well.
i think diego i real good but i think st.pierre is on another level right now...i dont think diego could take gsp down ..and if he couldnt gsp would pick him apart on his feet

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is going to be a good fight. It could be an amazing ground battle like diego's fight with diaz. Karo had better come in to this one in good shape.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say Karo is gonna win by disqualification.
I dunno how Diego is gonna get disqualified but that is my prediction :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Im not a big huge fan of either of them, i think Deigo's not that skilled, i think hes ground and pounds good but if the Alessio actually did something other then throw single jabs into Diego's face he could have won. Im probably going to be rooting for Parysian though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diego

cro.cop123 said:
This is going to be a good fight. It could be an amazing ground battle like diego's fight with diaz. Karo had better come in to this one in good shape.
I agree!!!

Diego will be looking to come back strong after the Alessio fight, and will apply pressure the entire fight. It will be a great one to watch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts