Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Itching For A Fight

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  IronMan 
#1 ·
HEY FELLAS IM NEW HERE AND IM REALLY HOPING SOME ONE CAN HELP.
I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN ABOUT 2 HRS OUT OF COLUMBUS OHIO. IVE BEEN STRENGTH TRAINING AND DOING LOTS OF CARDIO HOPING TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO GET INTO SOME SORT OF MMA FIGHTING, OR JUST REGULATED, COMPETITIVE FIGHTING OF SOME SORT. IM DYING TO GET IN THE RING AND LEARN SOME THINGS AND JUST MIX IT UP. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL. I DONT HAVE ANY REAL EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN A HAND FULL OF STREET FIGHTS IM ABOUT 5'10" 165" AND THINK I HAVE THE MAKINGS OF A HELL OF A WELTER WEIGHT
PLEASE HELP
NICK:confused:

#3 ·
Out of Curiosity

I was just wondering if you have and boxing, wrestling or Jiu-jitsu experience. Thinking about that usually gives you an idea of whether or not you're ready to be an MMA fighter.
Good Luck

#4 ·
Hi there

From what you have said strength training and cardios good. Its a good foundation for holding yourself up in a fight, but your also going to need technique. One of the few ways to achieve this is by practicing technique and putting it into practice.
Have you had a look for any local clubs? If not. A sparring partner a friend perhaps, that way their is no hard feelings afterwards, this then provides a way to put technique into practice and find out what works with feedback from your partner. Also providing a valuable element, conditioning.

Good luck let me know what you decide and if theirs anything else.

Phill

#7 ·
Yeah. It's kind of common courtesy at least to let people know about your results.

Anyway, I hope he didn't get his face bashed in because he missed some valuable advice on this forum. :D

#10 ·
you are all being harsh when i post theads i cant sit by the computer waiting for replys so i make a shotcut then when i have time i check out the reply i have its not a matter of not responding. i usually dont respond till i have read the replys sometimes its a few hours after i posted it sometimes if i am really busy i cant view the tread till the next day so i am doutfull that he jsut read what you put then didnt reply i meen don you do not acually sit in front of the screen and wait for replys do u i know you dont cos i have replyed to you before and not got an reply for ages so dont make it sound like you lot reply instantly peace out i got my first fight next week its not a mma fight i am workin my way there slowly its a tie boxing bout i then a few weeks after have a wrestin bout comin up the weels are now in motion ill be beatin an matt huges in no time lol

#11 ·
iceman574 said:
you are all being harsh when i post theads i cant sit by the computer waiting for replys so i make a shotcut then when i have time i check out the reply i have its not a matter of not responding. i usually dont respond till i have read the replys sometimes its a few hours after i posted it sometimes if i am really busy i cant view the tread till the next day so i am doutfull that he jsut read what you put then didnt reply i meen don you do not acually sit in front of the screen and wait for replys do u i know you dont cos i have replyed to you before and not got an reply for ages so dont make it sound like you lot reply instantly peace out i got my first fight next week its not a mma fight i am workin my way there slowly its a tie boxing bout i then a few weeks after have a wrestin bout comin up the weels are now in motion ill be beatin an matt huges in no time lol
Actually yes he does just sit there on these posts ALL DAY long while he's SUPPOSED to be working. That's his problem. Or will be when he gets here.

#12 ·
Iceman, we've got no problem with someone who checks their posts every once in a while and sees how they're doing, but this guy's only made 1 post. To top that off he put it in caps so that it seemed really urgent and important. The fact that he hasn't made another post, even off of this thread, is frustrating.

We got no problem with the way that you check your threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.