Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously it gets annoying hearing this when MMA is like what 12/13 years old(talking about from when proper rules where implemented into the UFC and beginning of PRIDE) so how can we say that gsp or fedor is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME when it's just over a decade old, come on seriously just look at the amount of talent surging right now, it's WAY WAY TOO EARLY FOR THIS TALK

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
year 27689 AD

Dude nº 1 - Those guys back in 1990 were pretty dumb ass holes, how could they claim Michael Jordan to be the greatest off all time, when the sport only had like 100 years?

Dude nº 2 - In deed, dont they know that all time means at least 10000 years?

WTF

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its all opinion based so it doesn't matter too much to me. Everyone has their own criteria for labeling someone the "Greatest" therefore it doesn't really matter. Just like when people call Ali the greatest, I don't think he is, but I don't get bent out of shape about it. I think its been around long enough to call someone the greatest though.

·
official thrash metal connoisseur
3,329 Posts
to me when people say "all time" it means "up till now".

And this is in the wrong section.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its all opinion based so it doesn't matter too much to me. Everyone has their own criteria for labeling someone the "Greatest" therefore it doesn't really matter. Just like when people call Ali the greatest, I don't think he is, but I don't get bent out of shape about it. I think its been around long enough to call someone the greatest though.
yeah but there was some history when ali came out, it wasn't the beginning.

i just think it's retarded

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
year 27689 AD

Dude nº 1 - Those guys back in 1990 were pretty dumb ass holes, how could they claim Michael Jordan to be the greatest off all time, when the sport only had like 100 years?

Dude nº 2 - In deed, dont they know that all time means at least 10000 years?

WTF
yeah thats right big whoop wanna fight about it

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Greatest of all time just means the best up to this point. There is no minimum number of years you have to wait in order to use the term. However, I will agree that calling someone the best mma fighter ever isn't really saying much and i also agree that future mma fighters will be better on average than today's fighters, just like how today's basketball players are better than the ones who played 15 years after the NBA started.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Greatness is measured of what an athlete had done throughout his career in that certain sport.. and yes FEDOR is the G.O.A.T .. u can go cry in your pillow at night about logic or whatever you want but the guy has done amazing things and beat everyone he went up against.. am i saying there wont be another GOAT later in the future, no but there will never be another Fedor..

·
Return Of The North Star
893 Posts
look at the dudes that Fedor fought, he dont fight cans, he fights champs and is a master at this art of fighting. Dont argue bout Fedor being to soon of a G.O.A.T, I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE will have as good fights as Fedor had, hes just too good

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
who the hell said gsp was the greatest? the only ppl that prop him are either gays or promoters with an agenda..Their is no art in what he does and if everyone went into fights and imitated what he does mma wouldnt go far

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.