• Winner of Hughes/Almeida

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Anthony Johnson

Votes: 4 8.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I'm gonna say winner of Fitch/Alves on the basis that Jake is the strikeforce WW champ, but really I think the more exciting fight is Kampmann.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
id say winner of Fitch/Alves also. I think he would tool Kampmann all day long on the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I'm gonna say winner of Fitch/Alves on the basis that Jake is the strikeforce WW champ, but really I think the more exciting fight is Kampmann.
Nick Diaz is SF WW Champ, Shields was Strikeforce MW champ. I'd like to see Jake fight at 185, with his first fight being against Nate Marquardt. Seeing Marquardt get dominated for 15 minutes again would be entertaining.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Nick Diaz is SF WW Champ, Shields was Strikeforce MW champ. I'd like to see Jake fight at 185, with his first fight being against Nate Marquardt. Seeing Marquardt get dominated for 15 minutes again would be entertaining.
I'm curious as to why you dislike Nate Marquardt? Not a fanboy here or anything, but the guy seems to be nicest person in the entire sport.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I don't dislike him as such, just don't really like him. Not really sure why, just one of those irrational things, can't really explain it TBH. I have the same thing for Dan Henderson, no idea why.

Reactions: Soojooko

·
Registered
769 Posts
I see the winner of Fitch/Alves as the best fight for him. Two of the best WW's in the UFC will definitely show if Jake Shields is all he's cracked up to be.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Winner of Fitch ?Alves for sure. And than the winner of GSP/KOS

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Was Toxic the one who voted for Cote?

I want to see him at 170 he is too small for MW in the UFC. That reasoning aside he would be entering a division where he is clearly inferior as a grappler to Demian Maia and we don't know that yet about the guys at WW. If you have pillow hands and rely on your grappling why not go to the division where you might be the best at it.

Edit: I voted for Kampmann because I think it would be a tough fight for both of them.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
I think he should probably fight loser of Fitch/Alves, so the winner can be in title contention. Then the winner of Jake/Whoever faces another top contender to get title contention. Idk, just my logic. Jake should be throwing into the organization at a high level, he should be given AT LEAST 2 fights before title shot or even fight for #1 contender.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Where did my post go? I could have sworn I said that I wanted to see either Shields vs Almeida or vs Maia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts