Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the big talk was Mousasi vs Dan Henderson after their fights,even though King Mo does not deserve the belt he is the Champ.Should Jake Shields move up to fight MO?

And Mousasi vs Dan? that should be fun

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
So the big talk was Mousasi vs Dan Henderson after their fights,even though King Mo does not deserve the belt he is the Champ.Should Jake Shields move up to fight MO?

Jake is much too small for LHW...

That's like asking GSP to move up and fight Rashad Evans.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
So what your saying is Dan Henderson can move up to fight Mousasi but Jake can't ?

No we are talking "natural weight"

Dan is a Natural LHW who cuts to MW. He doesn't necessarily have to bulk or even cut heavy to make either..

Jake on the other hand had to pack on weight just to make 185.... his frame and weightclass is that of a WW..

Now asking a WW to pack on even more weight to to fight a thickly muscled LHW who has to cut weight to make 205 could be a bit too much from the smaller fighter in question.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No we are talking "natural weight"

Dan is a Natural LHW who cuts to MW. He doesn't necessarily have to bulk or even cut heavy to make either..

Jake on the other hand had to pack on weight just to make 185.... his frame and weightclass is that of a WW..

Now asking a WW to pack on even more weight to to fight a thickly muscled LHW who has to cut weight to make 205 could be a bit too much from the smaller fighter in question.
I gotcha so there is really no one left for MO to fight, unless He does catchweight with Lashley or something

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Jake is much too small for LHW...

That's like asking GSP to move up and fight Rashad Evans.
Not only that but Rashad's a small LHW, and King Mo was a HW at 220 I think. King MO's frame is much larger than Rashad's. Shields fighting King Mo is never going to happen. I think Shields shouldn't even be fighting at MW and stick with WW. But his fight with Dan showed me wrong.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not only that but Rashad's a small LHW, and King Mo was a HW at 220 I think. King MO's frame is much larger than Rashad's. Shields fighting King Mo is never going to happen. I think Shields shouldn't even be fighting at MW and stick with WW. But his fight with Dan showed me wrong.
Jake did put on some muscle if you didn't notice

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts

Naturally Shields is way too small for King Mo, he'd get slaughtered. And I disagree, King Mo decisively beat the LHW champ so to me, he deserves the belt.

I agree with Mousasi v Dan though.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Putting on quick muscle and weight is an illusion when it comes to performance IMO....

Take a guy whos been that big and stregnth training for years at say.... LHW

Now, take a guy who gained to go from 170 to 185 real quick.. bulked up some quick size... now move him up even more.... to 205 to fight a guy who is very comfortable and solid muscle.... an athlete in his weight class... that just would be an obvious advantage...

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Err yes he did, but what does that have to do with my quote?

BTW BK in da house...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

How does King Mo not deserve the belt? He just beat One of the best LHW's in the world. I'd say he is a very deserving champion!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.