Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this guy on Unleashed. He had the knockout with the flying knee. Dude looked pretty cut and big. Anyone know anything about him? Is he any good?
Probably not. He was getting beat until he got that lucky knee in the beginning of 2nd round. Just curious though and thought I would ask the pros!

·
Registered
669 Posts
James Irvin is 10-3 according to Sherdog.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I go off sherdog on fight records just because UFC records aren't even accurate, some records they use all MMA and some they use only UFC fights.

Check Jeremy Horn's record if ya don't believe me.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
no no i do believe you, ive seen the Horn records....I had to wait 45 minutes for them to load on Sherdog lol but i dont like SD so i just figured I'd shoot on them when the opportunity presented itself lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
the sandman "looks" like a top competitor, but is far from it. not so stellar record, no name wins and shady losses. Needs a better camp and more ground work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Stephan Bonnar submitted this guy in short order. He appears to have pretty good striking skills but needs alot of work on defending from the ground and defending and applying submissions.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think James Irvin is going to be on TUF 4 The Comeback. He's not my pick to win. I'm going with Jorge Rivera for middleweight and Robbie Lawler for welterweight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Soleks said:
I think James Irvin is going to be on TUF 4 The Comeback. He's not my pick to win. I'm going with Jorge Rivera for middleweight and Robbie Lawler for welterweight.
There you go thinking again! James Irvin is NOT on TUF 4, neither is Robbie Lawler. Research before you make a fool of yourself. This is the cast...

Middleweights
Patrick Cote
Edwin Dewees
Travis Lutter
Charles McCarthy
Gideon Ray
Jorge Rivera
Pete Sell
Scott Smith

Welterweights
Mikey Burnett
Shonie Carter
Rich Clementi
Jeremy Jackson
Chris Lytle
Matt Serra
Pete Spratt
Din Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
wait isn't Bill Cobsey on the TUF 4? i thought he and Alex Trebeck both were.

lol newb.

Anyways ya sherdog can be slow but very accurate. He reminds me of Kit Cope, but with more rounded MMA and less good stand up (kit cope is a like 4 time World Champion in Muay Thai)

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
you guys are givin irvin too much credit..he looks like he should be a tuff guy but hes just not..hes never beaten ne body of note..and his biggest claim to fame was in a fight where he was gettin dominated..nuttin against the guy, but he'll never be a contender..unless he gets drastically better on the ground

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ask a question....get plenty of answers!!!! Thanks guys. I don't know alot about MMA so I hope you guys don't mind quetions from me everynow and again. Only been watching UFC for about a year now. Big fan but I know I'll never know as much as most of you. Hope just being a fan is enuf!!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Nickaho said:
Ask a question....get plenty of answers!!!! Thanks guys. I don't know alot about MMA so I hope you guys don't mind quetions from me everynow and again. Only been watching UFC for about a year now. Big fan but I know I'll never know as much as most of you. Hope just being a fan is enuf!!
NO PROBLEM BRO..AFTER A MONTH ON THIS SITE YOU WILL KNOW ALOT MORE ABOUT THE SPORT AND ABOUT FIGHTERS U HAVE NEVER HEARD OF..U WONT JUST BE A FAN, U WILL BE A FANATIC LIKE MOST OF US:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts