Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
"It aint no thing but a chicken wing". That is the quote of the century by Toney!! I really, really, really hope Randy signs and does exactly what we all suspect he will do to Toney. Take him down and pound some humbleness into this guy. Toney's smacktalk is like smacktalk on crack. Everything he says just makes me laugh. Maybe it's just me but the videos with his old man standing behind him talking crap just cracks me up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Is it just me, or after a while, do you start to wonder if this guy actually believes the shit he says?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is it just me, or after a while, do you start to wonder if this guy actually believes the shit he says?
I think he really believes it. I think he honestly believes that he can knock anybody out before they can ever lay their hands on him to take him down. I believe that this is what he is counting on. This will be his downfall for sure. Randy will get his hands on Toney and he will take him down. Once he is down . . . he will not get up. Toney thinks way to highly of himself as a boxer to think he even needs to train TDD, wrestling or BJJ. Somebody else said it, but his time with the UFC will be short and sweet IMO.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I hope Randy knocks him out on the feet an gets Knockout of the Night. Now that would be hilarious! Since Randy used to box for a long time in the army it's not totally impossible! :)
Oh my god yes. do want. all of anything cannot express how much i would love to see this happen, Better yet, take a page out of Wands book and put him in the legendary **** Choke.

Reactions: MagiK11

·
Registered
143 Posts
Said it before and I'll say it again, Captain America is the perfect foil for a one sided man who wants a quick paycheck.

Honestly though if R.C. does fail, feed him to Cain, Carwin or Lesnar. Just let him be destroyed and send him packing. I don't like guys coming into MMA and looking for a quick check when there are so many guys at the bottom trying to work their way up.

News Flash Toney, those guys deserve a shot a Hell of a lot more than you. Why?

Because they care and, unlike you, this is their life.

·
British Bulldog
930 Posts
If Randy Couture want it, he can get it! It aint no thang to me," stated future boxing Hall of Famer and newly-signed UFC heavyweight James Toney as he shared his thoughts on a possible showdown with former UFC heavyweight champion and Hall of Famer Randy Couture.

The moment Toney signed with the UFC, Couture expressed his eagerness to welcome the boxing icon to the Octagon. Now, that match-up may become a reality as a potential clash between both fighters is in the works when the UFC makes it's debut in Boston on August 28 at UFC 118.

"It ain't no thing but a chicken wing. All Randy gotta do is sign the contract and he getting knocked out too! I ain't playing with him," continued Toney, who has no problem whatsoever facing the MMA legend, despite the fact that Couture's strength is on the ground.

Although Toney, who officially signed with the UFC back in March, has yet to actually step inside the Octagon, he assures everyone that he's not taking his MMA career lightly. "Everybody thinks this is a goddamn game, but this ain't no game for me! I'm going to be ready! Whatever he wants to do, we can do," Toney added. "If he stands up with me, he's getting knocked out and if he takes me to the ground, he's still getting knocked out."

Toney is adamant that his conditioning, which has long been a concern in regards to his boxing career, will not be a factor anymore for any of his upcoming fights, whether it's boxing or MMA.

"I'm busting ass every day doing my thing. Trust me, if you don't hear from me, know that I'm keeping busy. Whenever the fight happens, I'm going to be ready guns loaded," he stated
http://fighthype.com/pages/content7480.html

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Every time I think of this fight I can't get the grin off my face. If only I had photoshop skills. You guys would be seeing pix Of Toney doing spinning heel kicks and putting flying armbars on Randy.

I'm gonna fall out of my chair the first time Toney gets in a clinch and looks for the ref to separate 'em

I hope that Randy wears him down in the 1st then has some fun in the 2nd. I can only pray for a 3rd.

......I'm so happy :thumb02:

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
Not for a second. This guy is in it for a pay day. He isn't here to prove boxing > MMA, he's here to use his hype from boxing to get a nice payday that is lacking for him in his own sport at the moment.

He knows how to shit talk, and he's doing it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not for a second. This guy is in it for a pay day. He isn't here to prove boxing > MMA, he's here to use his hype from boxing to get a nice payday that is lacking for him in his own sport at the moment.

He knows how to shit talk, and he's doing it.
Horse manure. He'd make more money fighting Holyfield than Brock Lesnar makes for fighting Carwin, let alone what he's going to be making. Even Kevin Johnson got paid a million for showing up against Klischko. I know what you are thinking, "who?"

Exactly.

Toney is just a fan of MMA who thinks he has what it takes to do it. Of course, he likely doesn't. But it's not about the money, I doubt White is even paying him over 100k.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Horse manure. He'd make more money fighting Holyfield than Brock Lesnar makes for fighting Carwin, let alone what he's going to be making. Even Kevin Johnson got paid a million for showing up against Klischko. I know what you are thinking, "who?"

Exactly.

Toney is just a fan of MMA who thinks he has what it takes to do it. Of course, he likely doesn't. But it's not about the money, I doubt White is even paying him over 100k.
No one is gonna put Toney against W Klitschko because that would be a quick fight, and he knows it. So why not make some money in MMA, Toney would of had a lot better chance against Kimbo then Couture.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Lol, Toney is going to hate his life. Hopefully Randy decides to give Toney 15 minutes of hell.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What I fail to understand is why people don't think Toney's hands are a threat? Yes we all know Randy will try for the take down but people on here seriously have no respect for a guy who is was a professional fighter. You act like he is some street thug who chased Dana White into an alley and forced him to sign a contract....Im sure Toney is doing everything in his power to prepare for this fight....

I honestly hope Toney KO's Captain America so people won't think MMA is the greatest fighting area

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Toney can PUNCH! That is the scary part, if he does land a good solid punch its "Lights Out" for who ever he hits with 4oz gloves. How well he can adapt his boxing to an MMA stance is the important question.

If he stands with his shoulder high and leg sticking out like he used to, Randy is going to maul him. If he changes it up, it may be hard to get in close!

I would bet the house on Randy, but lets not forget Toney can hit hard!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.