Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
On randy couture :'Hes a kickboxing karate legend, I'm an icon...'

'You come in here with your wrestling, your dirty boxing, imma choke your ass out'

·
Banned
70 Posts
Okay, I've lived in America for 3 years, learned English before I was 10, and have studied it, and learned American slang since. I couldn't understand a damn word Toney just said. That was some of the most unintelligible bullshit I've ever listened to in my life, and in no way represented any kind of established language that I can think of. By the way, I know Hungarian, English, and Finnish fluently and I can speak moderate Swedish and Japanese.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Okay, I've lived in America for 3 years, learned English before I was 10, and have studied it, and learned American slang since. I couldn't understand a damn word Toney just said. That was some of the most unintelligible bullshit I've ever listened to in my life, and in no way represented any kind of established language that I can think of. By the way, I know Hungarian, English, and Finnish fluently and I can speak moderate Swedish and Japanese.
so his english isnt that good, he isnt getting paid to give public speeches, hes a boxer, a very rich and succesfull boxer. nobody cares about how dude talks when he steps in the octagon and puts his life on the line.

Reactions: chosenFEW

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
I understood it all, but then again I am a native english speaker- and it still wasn't exactly easy. There are significant parts of America that do speak like this, although Toney is probably toward the extreme end thanks to having his brain rattled so often.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
James Toney is the man and everyone else are a bunch of pussies :sarcastic12:

Can't wait til his fight with couture. :thumb02:

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
I wish they would have given him a better striker so he could get KOd.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
I wish they would have given him a better striker so he could get KOd.
I think you'd be surprised how many guys Toney could outstrike in the UFC. The guy is very real and has been boxing actively right up till this situation. Personally I think it would be unfair to the fans to give him someone who is likely to try to stand and bang. he disrespected the ground game and the sport of MMA, so let him get his beat down and realize that he needs to round out his game.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was born and raised here, and I didn't understand a word he said. Even that idiot Michael Bisping is easier to understand.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.