Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current IBA heavyweight champion James ‘Lights Out’ Toney confirmed rumors that a bout with UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (18-10) is in the works and near finalized. The bout is expected to take place at UFC 118 in late August at the TD Garden in Boston although this has yet to be officially announced.

“I gave the ok on my part, I don’t know about him but right now all I know is [Randy Couture] is most likely my first victim. All he’s got to do is sign the contract and we’ll get it on” stated Toney.

The former IBF boxing champion claimed that his preparation leading up to his MMA debut will be sufficient enough to thwart any offense Couture may attempt to mount.

“All fights start standing and that’s my comfort zone, that’s my domain and he’ll have to enter it. If he thinks he can just walk up on me and take it to the ground he’s got another thing coming, I’ll toss a bitch to the side if I have to. It doesn't matter if it’s MMA, kickboxing, hopscotch I got the highest fight IQ in the game period. Six weeks will be more than enough to learn the clinch game and all that, you feel me. I’ll be ready don’t worry about that, thing is it won’t even get that far I’m [going to] sit him down in the first minute. Even if it does go to the ground I was told my grappling is at gold belt level, so he’s in trouble pretty much everywhere. You see these MMA guys getting knocked out by sissy punches, well time to step up and fight a real puncher.”

“I wanted to fight Couture from the start, he be calling me out and stuff so let’s get it on. I’ll fight anyone of these big guys in the UFC you know what I’m saying. I don’t want to waste my time on anything but the best so then afterwards they can’t make no excuses.”

lol at the gold belt comment, WAR TONEY

Reactions: tecnotut

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
My god I cant wait for COuture to embarass this wanna be thug.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think he is stating the best case scenario, cause we all know what is going to happen. Couture walks up, survives the first punch and put him up against the cage. Then picks him up and dumps him to the ground, then James Toney cries like a little girl as he gets spanked worse than what Couture did to Tito.

·
Registered
208 Posts
James Toney is one of my favorite fighters so I will be rooting for him in this fight. He will probably lose though, Toney has no wrestling skill and Couture will do what he's done his whole career and put him on his back.

Hopefully Randy stands and trades with Toney. I don't see Randy taking too many punches to the face from Toney, of course, I don't see Toney being able to get off that many punches in this fight.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I cannot wait to see him dumped on his head and pummeled. Dudes irritating and clueless.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toney is gonna knock randy down with one punch than reign down blows for the first death in the UFC

·
Gracie Hunter
1,021 Posts
Six weeks will be more than enough to learn the clinch game and all that
This fat f.. will gas before he even reach the center of the octagon.
He obviously doesnt take this serious at all.

I dont want to see this guy tap within a minute and collect a paycheck, beat him up for 10-12 minutes then end his MMA career with some brutal elbows.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Thanks for the article. I didn't think it was possible, but being able to read and understand his words makes him appear even more stupid than listening and trying to decipher what the poor fool is saying.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
James Toney said:
Even if it does go to the ground I was told my grappling is at gold belt level.
James Toney said:
James Toney said:
James Toney said:
James Toney said:
James Toney said:
BEST QUOTE EVER!

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gold belt level is nothing in comparison to Couture's Platinum belt level.
you can ask every BJJ and wrestling coach out there and they will tell you toney has the potential to reach kryptonite level

Reactions: oldfan

·
Registered
262 Posts
LOL . . . I felt myself getting dumber as I read that article!

The gold belt comment was genius, but my absolute favorite was . . . "I’ll toss a bitch to the side if I have to".

Wow . . . just . . . wow!

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
LOL . . . I felt myself getting dumber as I read that article!

The gold belt comment was genius, but my absolute favorite was . . . "I’ll toss a bitch to the side if I have to".

Wow . . . just . . . wow!
You're right too! there's too much here for just a sig. I'm changing my forum name to james toney and I will pay someone to shop Randy and toney's faces onto the Randleman/fedor slam.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just a few quick points I want to make

"I’ll toss a bitch to the side if I have to."
Your gonna have

"Six weeks will be more than enough to learn the clinch game and all that, you feel me."
Haha, I was cracking up after that one

I won't even comment on the gold belt thing , I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was making some thug joke.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts