Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

If you haven't seen this already - prepare to realise what a douche James Toney really is. Sounds really ignorant, arrogant and I hope Randy wrecks this guy. Props to Ariel though, what a legend - didn't back down at all and acted like a true professional. To me, Ariel Helwani is the greatest MMA interviewer/journalist in the game ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Spg2vn-XM&feature=player_embedded

If someone could embed this that'd be much appreciated =)

Enjoy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haha, Toney is such a character. Im not sure if its all an act or just Toney being himself, he's really trying hard to sell this fight to the fans though. His Gold Belt and side check kicks won't be enough to stop Randy's clinch game and takedowns. Its funny that he tapped out to King Mo via RNC, because that's how I predict Randy will finish him. Ariel Helwani really did a great job here, James Toney is impossible to interview but this is the best attempt yet. I think Helwani is one of the best sports interviewers I've ever seen in any sport, and definately the best in MMA. Some people just suck up to fighters and Dana, but he actually asks some relevant and difficult questions.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha that was hilarious, this video really shows the huge difference in class and intelligence between MMA fighters and boxers. Toney has no respect and i cant wait for Couture to demolish him.
Exactly right.

Awesome!! thank you for my JT fix!:thumb02::thumb02::thumb02:

lmao you're welcome, and thanks dude.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Any chance of James Toney signing Ed Soares up as his manager to translate? Wanglish is easier to understand than this. He's entertaining though, that's for sure. Looking forward to seeing him fight.

"Randy Couture, David Haye, or the Bitchsko sisters, it don't matter man."

"The only freakshow I got is between my legs"

Brilliance.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Any chance of James Toney signing Ed Soares up as his manager to translate? Wanglish is easier to understand than this. He's entertaining though, that's for sure. Looking forward to seeing him fight.

"Randy Couture, David Haye, or the Bitchsko sisters, it don't matter man."

"The only freakshow I got is between my legs"

Brilliance.

Damnit I was letting my kids sleep late! I woke 'em up when I read this! spilled a little coffee too.:thumb02::laugh:

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Dana and Chuck look like cowards for not making the best match up in MMA happen.

James Toney is still willing to fight anyone, now that guy is my hero! and I cant wait to see him KO captain America and shut up the UFC fan boys.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Man, my Tonish is simply not good enough to decipher the blubbering fool. He talks like hes just come out of the dentist after 4 fillings... like, every day.

I even tried to dreg up some interviews from the past in a futile attempt to prove that he's punch drunk... but unfortunately he's always talked like this.

His poor mother.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
It's funny: Toney said he requested to fight Chuck Liddell but Dana got nervous. While I don't know if that's true, I bet Liddell would have got KTFO. Not prime-Liddell, but anyways...

I'm looking forward to this fight. It's going to be hilarious watching Couture dismantle this guy. WAR GOLD BELT LEVEL!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The more and more this fight draws closer im actually starting to worry that Dana has made a massive mistake putting Randy against Toney.
After watching Lesnar get rocked by a couple of carwin punches it shows it can easily happen when up close going for the takedown or clinch.:confused05:. Now Toney's punches are going to be lightning and most likely the hardest im mma. He should have just scheduled it for the winner of Lesnar/carwin vs Toney. Its the fact that Randy is a mma icon but is now a little old and slower and that Toney could ko him at any time if he lands a punch.
Randy has to end this in round one with some GnP but i cant help worry that he will stand for a bit with him at some point and could get ko'd. Dana should have picked a fighter that has real sick leg/head kicks that would have kept Toney at distance.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Haha that was hilarious, this video really shows the huge difference in class and intelligence between MMA fighters and boxers. Toney has no respect and i cant wait for Couture to demolish him.
To be fair there are douchebags in mma too. Guys like Toney and Mayweather are indeed classless tools, but then you got someone like Pacman who is almost as loveable as someone like Wandy. And he is sooooo humble to for someone that is pretty much #1 p4p boxer in the world. :D
Hell go check these out. Thats Pacman on Jimmy Kimmel's show for example:

and here he even sings after the show!

Seriously, how can you NOT love Pacman? ^^

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Man, my Tonish is simply not good enough to decipher the blubbering fool. He talks like hes just come out of the dentist after 4 fillings... like, every day.

I even tried to dreg up some interviews from the past in a futile attempt to prove that he's punch drunk... but unfortunately he's always talked like this.

His poor mother.
Whats up dude :thumb02:

If making babies cry = red dots, then yes i've been making babies cry 24/7 :sarcastic04:

At least I know you agree with me that James Toney hopefully destroys Randy..I hope??
It's funny: Toney said he requested to fight Chuck Liddell but Dana got nervous. While I don't know if that's true, I bet Liddell would have got KTFO. Not prime-Liddell, but anyways...

I'm looking forward to this fight. It's going to be hilarious watching Couture dismantle this guy. WAR GOLD BELT LEVEL!
Line of red death... 666 posts... Oh, no!!!

Please dont hurt us dark lord.

;)
The more and more this fight draws closer im actually starting to worry that Dana has made a massive mistake putting Randy against Toney.
After watching Lesnar get rocked by a couple of carwin punches it shows it can easily happen when up close going for the takedown or clinch.:confused05:. Now Toney's punches are going to be lightning and most likely the hardest im mma. He should have just scheduled it for the winner of Lesnar/carwin vs Toney. Its the fact that Randy is a mma icon but is now a little old and slower and that Toney could ko him at any time if he lands a punch.
Randy has to end this in round one with some GnP but i cant help worry that he will stand for a bit with him at some point and could get ko'd. Dana should have picked a fighter that has real sick leg/head kicks that would have kept Toney at distance.

God I love a James toney thread!!

You guys just wouldn't believe how much I have laughed already this morning!

You doubters and you (dark lord :laugh:) peabody,.... Captain America will prevail and the balance between good and evil will endure.

Rogue, you're going to be amazed at Randy's kicks.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts