Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol...great interview. LOVE the waterboy analogy. He is talking a little less cocky in the second part of the interview where he was sitting down. He basically admitted he hasn't trained much at all for the ground and has never wrestled. I wish David Haye was making the transition and not JT. The funniest part was when the woman said, "but he does have great respect for you" and he replied "Because he should"...lol classic.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Someone really needs to call Toney on continually calling himself the Heavyweight Champion of the World. He has never held a recognized belt. The IBA is a joke and is basically an "on your way up or on your way out" belt. Sorry Toney, no one wants to unify your belt. It would probably be available on ebay the day after he fought David Haye.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The man needs his own show and his own forum. I hope he doesn't hide in shame after the fight.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm a really big fan of The Boondocks and I think James Toney would have been a perfect 'real life' character to have brought on the show and basically center an entire episode around him.

He just has that natural comedic instinct; not necessarily the stand-up comedian type, but just a funny guy.

I can tell that he's smarter than what he let's on too - to what degree i'm uncertain - but behind all that ego is a reasonably intelligent man.

Does anyone know why J.T. (behind the jibberish) speaks with a subtle texan accent if he's from Michigan? Mayweather is from the same city yet his dialect is a complete 180 from Toney's.

I'm not talking about his speech slurs or the possibillity of him being punch drunk; if you listen to the way he pronounces the words, 'IN-EHF-HAIL (NFL)' or 'HAUL UV FAYME (Hall of Fame)' you can tell that it's a southern cadence.

·
Registered
436 Posts
5:24-5:37

Legend.

You just can't teach that.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Lmao i think James knows he's in over his head here, he's just trying to promote the fight as much as possible, collect his paycheck, and move on with his life.

·
Registered
428 Posts
its really going to be a shame that mush mouth is going to be cut immeadiately after the fight :( im really starting to appreciate his trash talk

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts

This is by far one of the funniest interviews of Toney's. Some amazing lines and overall and funny interview...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.