Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I love that IN UFC HISTORY phrase. But this could be true.
Everyone, including Dana is wondering what in the world is Dana going to do with Toney? For the greatest show on earth, I say give him to JDS.

...wait hear me out. I don't mean to test JDS's boxing skill against Toney. No... Everyone wonders about his ground game. I say let him put on a ground clinic. Rogan and Goldy could take the fight off and JDS and his interpreter could narrate the action as he slowly and methodically shows us every hold and position the nogs have taught him starting at white belt. He'll have to be careful to not hurt Toney but I think he can do it. If Toney is still with us after 2 rounds, something I seriously doubt, I think he'll tap from position and fatigue like all newbies, but if he's still there in the third round then let JDS stand him up and knock him out and maybe just maybe put an end to the dumb comparisons of the two sports.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Why would you waste such a great athlete like Toney on a fight with JDS?

There are plenty of money making fights. Throw Toney in with china chin Chucky, and see what happens. Chuck can't deal with kicks, and Toney has side check kicks and all that.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you waste such a great athlete like Toney on a fight with JDS?

There are plenty of money making fights. Throw Toney in with china chin Chucky, and see what happens. Chuck can't deal with kicks, and Toney has side check kicks and all that.
laffin to hard to answer that one

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I'd like to see roy get him :D

Then market the fight hardcore for toney, you know get all the boxing fans to watch as the "which is better, mma or boxing, now we'll find out".

Something like previous IBF middleweight champion/IBF super middle weight champion/IBF cruiser weight with 72 wins and 44 knockouts, james toney against fat guy with a pot belly and mullet.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
yeah they are going to match him up with a high profile striker first, i'm certain of it. It makes the most business sense. Dana won't hand him anyone who is known for a strong ground game until at least fight #2, and he sure as hell is not going to hand him someone like JDS for his first fight. Low-profile, lack of personality of casual fanbase, and guaranteed to wreck him? Not gonna happen.

He's gonna get someone like Chuck or even Kimbo.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him Kimbo. A boxer against someone who isn't scared to bang with anyone. Kimbo would probably walk straight towards Toney.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
If Dana had watched the "fight" between Roy and Hopkins last night, don't think he would have signed the big waste.
Toney is way more charismatic and exciting than B-Hop, and isn't as washed up as Roy.

Plus, this isn't boxing, so I doubt Toney will have a boring fight.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I'd like to see roy get him :D

Then market the fight hardcore for toney, you know get all the boxing fans to watch as the "which is better, mma or boxing, now we'll find out".

Something like previous IBF middleweight champion/IBF super middle weight champion/IBF cruiser weight with 72 wins and 44 knockouts, james toney against fat guy with a pot belly and mullet.
This makes sooo much sense to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts