Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I hate cocky fighters but Roy Nelson is a joke of a opponent for a fighter like Junior. This is just a setback for him.
Harsh... But true.... I do see Roy Nelson as a big step down for JDS... And i dont know if Roy can even get passed someone like GG, ALONE someone that smashed GG, and smahed Cro cop, and Smashed Werdum.... Gilbert Yvel is no joke ether....

I think and most would agree that he should be getting Cain while they wait... And i understand why Dana doesnt want that, and wants a nice back up incase of a injury and just purely doesn't want to use two title contenders at the same time... Business crap...

But this set up is kinda pathetic... Even though its MMA and anything can happen... Like if somehow Roy was able to sit on him using big belly for 3 rounds squeezing a victory (which is Highly Unlikely) then i see JDS just knocking the piss out of Roy 1st or 2nd round GnP or straight uppercut KO...

JDS has a good ground game and sweeps learning from the Nog brothers, but Nelson has a really good ground game, and that would be the sliver of hope he would have of lasting the first round with Junior....

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Is this referring to him saying 'hard train, easy fight'?

It's a bit unfair to take the 'easy fight' part out of context and make it sound like JDS is being cocky. He's obviously talking about training being the hard part and the fight the easy part, which a lot of fighters say.

Jeez, way to twist shit.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts

It's a bit unfair to take the 'easy fight' part out of context and make it sound like JDS is being cocky. He's obviously talking about training being the hard part and the fight the easy part, which a lot of fighters say.

Jeez, way to twist shit.
I didnt read it... But u make a good point

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Meh i'm the only one who think Roy has good chance to take this ? he's been improving alot and always come with good gameplan i think this is a very close fight like 60-40 JDS .

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

Jeez, way to twist shit.
^This

Sorry, thread fails.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Jeez, way to twist shit.
jeez way to twist your panties. people make mistakes.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts

Jeez, way to twist shit.
Abso-fookin-lutely. Was going to post the same thing, glad someone else did.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd be wary of calling anyone an easy fight after what I saw last night.

Also, I don't think this will be an easy fight for JDS at all. His groundgame is suspect and Nelson is quite good there. I smell an upset.

·
Registered
319 Posts
As much as I despise Roy, I know enough of his skills that I would never completely write him off. The guy does have some serious skills, which you'd never gues looking at him. There is always that chance of an upset.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts

Jeez, way to twist shit.
This is it. It refers´to the expression used by many brasilian fighters to whom the train is the hard part and the fight being the easy part...

The OP is just being obnoxious!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
This thread makes me feel like I'm walking through the supermarket and glancing over to notice one of those media created magazines that take things out of context in attempt to slander a celebrity.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Not a fan of Junior, or Blackhouse for that matter, but how does JDS not win this one? I understand Roy has a superb ground game...But look at his fight with Arlovski.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Junior's no slouch on the ground, but against nelson, you could probably just pick him apart on the feat so why the heck not? unless of course he institutes, the big nasty "i sit on you" technique.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't see Roy being able to take this to the ground. He keeps his size in certain places but overall I don't think he has the stature to wrestle JDS.

I have been impressed by Nelson's game planning from what I've seen, so I'm sure he is giving himself the best chance to win.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts