Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title tells it all. He has so much strength and opponents for Sylvia who had a lot of strength Sylvia was just owned against. Jeff Monson also hasn't lost a single mixed martial arts fight in about 3 years and has won 16 straight matches and beaten the best heavyweights to get to Sylvia like Cruz, the man who dominated Frank Mir and much more others. Jeff Monson is definitely the next champ. And then will Sylvia loses he'll cry like a baby for a rematch like he always does when he loses. Jeff Monson is the next champion and big thing!

·
Registered
165 Posts
i agree i love monson...hes a beast and in my eyes could beat sylvia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sylvia stands nearly a foot taller than Monson. When Monson shoots, Tim will sprawl and control his head, pushing him to the mat. Jeff wont be able to take him down. Tim will pound his head in easily and likely not get hit even once in the fight.

This is a fight where size (height) makes all the difference.

This fight will be no contest for Sylvia.

I like Monson, but he is literally in way over his head here.

:mad:

·
True Grappler
6,368 Posts
I've sparred with Perosh and Sinosec and they're both awesome fighters, but watching Anthony get destroyed by Monson is just more proof that a 5'9" man can be a great heavyweight.

As for beating Sylvia, it would be a challenge because Sylvia's never really fought a fighter with the same level of ground game as Monson. (Arguably Arlovski does, but he likes to strike too much) It'd be nice to see Sylvia's ground game.

This fight would probably come down to Monson going in for takedowns and it depends on whether Sylvia can hold him off. Once the 2 of them are clinched Monson has it all, but the reach advantage is definitely significant.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes the reach is a problem buuuuuut thats why monson would shoot and bring him to the ground....monson is stronger and could ground and pound him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.