Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Thanks for the vid.
It´s always great to ear what Rogan has to say about stuff (even if he looks kind of biased sometimes).

He mentioned the Gracie breakdown on Werdum vs Fedor,
it´s also a nice watch so here it is...

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Well...Rogan is a good gy and he is entitled to an opinion. But sometimes he speaks far away from the truth.
I'm curious what would he say if Brock would potentially lose on July 3rd...It could be his 2nd loss in 5 fights. Not a very good record imo. Would Brock become irrelevant?!
Hypotethically speaking ...:)

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Did Brock become irrelevant when Mir subbed him?
Do you not listen or do you just choose not to understand? Just like our buddy Joe said, a lot of Fedor's stock (now a days) comes from the fact that no one seem to be able to beat the guy. Now that he's 'beat-able'... he has truly lost a lot of his appeal to Dana.

Dana was willing to pay that money to have one of his guys beat Fedor, but now it's a case of 'been there, done that'.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Do you not listen or do you just choose not to understand? Just like our buddy Joe said, a lot of Fedor's stock (now a days) comes from the fact that no one seem to be able to beat the guy. Now that he's 'beat-able'... he has truly lost a lot of his appeal to Dana.
What has that got to do with becomming irrelevant?

I think it's you that doesn't understand, smart guy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
really, you're going to compare a fighter with 30+ wins and fiercely debated as p4p best for years now to someone who had only 1 fight to his name when he fought Frank Mir? :confused02:

in order to become irrelevant would imply you were even relevant to begin with which Brock was not in only his second mma fight.

Did Brock become irrelevant when Mir subbed him?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
really, you're going to compare a fighter with 30+ wins and fiercely debated as p4p best for years now to someone who had only 1 fight to his name when he fought Frank Mir? :confused02:

in order to become irrelevant would imply you were even relevant to begin with which Brock was not in only his second mma fight.
Fair point. I do think there is a comparison to be made in their aggressiveness. Fedor knows all about subs yet he had no respect for Werdum's and paid for it.

It's ridiculous for anyone to say Fedor is irrelevant after one loss, which could just have been a case of a mistake that is easily ironed out. You said it yourself, 30 wins and none of that matters now because he lost? That concept is stupid.

What about GSP when he lost to Serra?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think there are other factors to consider as well. i wouldn't say fedor is irrelevant b/c he is a great fighter but he is if he continues to stay in a second rate "b" league organization fighting 2nd/3rd Tier fighters. imo this fact alone makes it exponentially worse for fedor's loss to werdum.

Fair point. I do think there is a comparison to be made in their aggressiveness. Fedor knows all about subs yet he had no respect for Werdum's and paid for it.

It's ridiculous for anyone to say Fedor is irrelevant after one loss, which could just have been a case of a mistake that is easily ironed out. You said it yourself, 30 wins and none of that matters now because he lost? That concept is stupid.

What about GSP when he lost to Serra?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While I think it's absurd to say he's "irrelevant," I think Rogan was saying it in the context of, a lot of his appeal was his undefeated record. And some of the excitement of watching him fight was, "Is he gonna lose?!" and seeing him come out on top one way or another. And now that we have witnessed the much anticipated inevitable loss, some of that magic is gone in a sense.

Regardless, I'm still a Fedor fan and look forward to watching him fight for however many fights he has left. I love what he brings to MMA and how he represents himself. Class act all the way. It's refreshing in today's MMA.

ps. To the person who neg repped me: Sorry for putting this in UFC section. My mistake. I didn't feel the rep was necessary, but I'll make extra sure not to do that in the future.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Fedor is certainly not irrelevant, but he's never going to get that UFC big $$ offer ever again.

His best bet is to stay with SF longer and beat both Overeem and Werdum. If he can't do that, well I hope he doesn't mind fighting in Japan.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I disagree with Rogan in that Fedor became irrelevant after that loss, imo he's been irrelevant since PRIDE collapsed 3 years ago and he chose to fight in second rate organizations that don't have the depth to challenge him. He kicked around cans and past their prime mediocre guys that looked good in 04-06 in what was a terrible division during that time period. As good as Fedor was if you dont fight top competition on a fight to fight basis and only fight once or twice a year to boot, yes you become irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Is Joe Rogen relavent?
:confused02:
LOL, great comment.
Rogan is a comedian, and people that love the UFC act like he's a god.
Rogan is simply spouting the "company" line. Has he ever disagreed with Dana? Let me know because I can't remember him having an opinion other than Dana's.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Is machida still relevant?

Is Jon Jones still relevant?

was Tyson still relevant after losing to douglas in 1990?

Is fedor still relevant?

The correct answer is yes.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts