Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought he was going to be really good. he was the kotc welter and lightweight champ. he clearly lost against neer, but he dominted yves. its such a strange division. i cant tell if all the guys are really good, or if some of them just match up better against eah other. everybody has lost to one of the other guys that is good. neer beat joe and melvin. fischer lost to sam stout, stout lost to florian. theres no clear # 1 contender. they should have a tournament again. anyway why isnt joes fight listed on the fight card on the ufc website?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I also thought he was going to be a very promising fighter, but we have not seen much of him. When I saw his lost to Neer I kind of figured that we wouldn't see that much of him anymore. I really enjoyed his last fight he really bloody uped Yves Edwards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Stevenson is a prime example of a fighter who is mild in one devision and suddenly an absolute monster in another. To get down to 155 meant some serious diet changes and cardio training. Plus, Neer won through Melvin's inexperience, and though that is not an excuse, I would not put money on a rematch going the same way.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Neer defeated Melvin and Joe at 170. Joe dominated Yves at 155, Melvin crushed Roudigar and Davis at 155. Spencer lost to Stout, Stout lost to Florian. Florian became #1 Contendar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.