Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching MMA Live today. It's my favorite MMA Show.:)
Jon Jones made a short appearence on today's show.
He answered some interesting questions about his fight against "The Janitor" his training at Jackson camp and his future.
He said he is working harder on his ground game in order to make it his "biggest weapon that's never seen". :thumb02:
Bonnar asked him how long does he think will he be able to stay at LHW. Considering he is still young and still growing..
Jones said, in this camp he went up to 231 lbs for the first time and the possibility of him going up to HW is quite a good one.
I know there has been talks about this before, but hearing it from the man himself, gives it more credibility.

I think the time is not right now, nore in the next 2 years.
But...it depends a lot on how he continues his training from now on. He said something about doing some weightlifting to become even stronger. That means adding some muscle on his frame. And in conclusion, making his future cuts harder.

So....i know this is somewhat premature, but how long do you think will it take for Jones to become a HW?
I definitely see him 2-3 years at LHW before vacating the title :) and moving up to HW. :thumb02:

For more from Jones' TV show appearence, here's the link to the show.
PS: if someone could embed this...:) Thank You

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I just finished watching it as well limba :)

was a good show again!

I would say that Jones will be a HW one day. Maybe not the next Alistar Overeem.. but he already walks around at 231. Won't be easy for him to cut down in the future.

I think we will see him in 3 years at HW. But it also depends a lot on if he can handle the likes of Lyoto, Shogun and Rashad. If he loses against one of those, doesn't matter when.. then I see him going up!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah just imagine him and Stefan Struve in the next 5 years battling it out in HW, would be epic.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just finished watching it as well limba :)

was a good show again!

I would say that Jones will be a HW one day. Maybe not the next Alistar Overeem.. but he already walks around at 231. Won't be easy for him to cut down in the future.

I think we will see him in 3 years at HW. But it also depends a lot on if he can handle the likes of Lyoto, Shogun and Rashad. If he loses against one of those, doesn't matter when.. then I see him going up!
Well, like mi sig says....:thumb02:
i see him being the LHW Champion. And defending the belt at least 1-2 times.
But like you've said...as he grows and evolves, i yhink it will be harder for him to cut until he considers it's time to move up. With his body frame i can see him going as high as 250-260. He is taller than Brock and has a longer reach than him...so he has a lot o room still to put weught on him. But i think that will be a natural process, combined with his program for increasing his strength.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.