Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I’m predicting a fight against someone like Ryan Bader, but I really wouldn’t want to fight against Ryan,” Jones recently told MMA Fighting. “I think we’re pretty close to the same spot career-wise. I wouldn’t really want to fight someone who’s in the same category as me. I’d rather fight someone who’s really established, someone with a really big following, someone where there’s a big risk of me losing the fight. I want to try and elevate and make it to the top as fast as possible. I just want a fight with a lot of risk.

“I’m not one to call out anyone. I never call people out. But I’d like to have someone who’s in the top ten, an established big name fighter. Someone like Forrest [Griffin] or [Antonio Rogerio] Nogueira or Rich Franklin. Someone up there in the top five or top 10. Someone where a win would be really huge for my career.

“I feel like I’m at the point where a win over me would be big for someone’s career, no matter who they are. I want to make sure it’s the same for me, where if I win it will be huge for me as well.”
http://mmafrenzy.com/14221/jon-jones-expects-matchup-with-ryan-bader-but-wants-to-fight-a-big-name/

Have to agree lets throw this kid into deep waters if he wins he's just proving what most of us have said about him, and if he loses he is definitley mentally strong enough to come back from it

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Nice match-up for Jones. He out-strikes and out-wrestles Bader with ease I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This could be an interesting fight.. Although Jones will probably win it.. He's THE rising star of the UFC right now :)

Reactions: Buster Rough

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Bader is a monster LHW, maybe the biggest LHW in the UFC and he has very good wrestling, i dont know if it will be easy to take him down.

Striking i think Jones has a nice advantage but Bader has the power.

Bader would do well to test JJ's TDD himself.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I agree with his logic. Beating Bader doesn't really do much for his status, while a win against someone like Thiago Silva would be pretty huge for him. Damn, that would be pretty damn sick fight now that I think about it. :p
Make it happen!

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Loving the shouts of Thiago Silva. That would be such a sick fight. Far more interesting match-up than Jones-Bader.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jon Jones should fight someone of higher caliber. Hes proven himself more than once against the lower marquee of competition, throw him in with a top tier guy.

Not taking anything away from Bader though. That guy is a monster, good wrestler and has proven he has KO power in his hands.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I really wouldn't mind seeing him fight some up-er tier competition. I want to see how he does aganist someone who can really press him, and put him in trouble.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I actually had to go back and look up who Jon Jones was. Once I did, I remembered that fight he had with Matt Hamill where he dominated but got DQ'd for elbows. Then I watched his fight with Brandon Vera (By the way, I didn't know you couldn't kick a downed opponent in the head even if you yourself were down. Learn something new every day.) and was impressed once again. On the other hand, Bader's victory over Jardine was also impressive. Not many people can bang with Jardine the way he did. Even Forrest Griffin suffered the consequences of trying that before.

Basically all this to say they're two big fighters to look for and a fight between them would be awesome. I agree with what was said before though that they should both fight a couple more big name guys to make names for themselves and build up the suspense a little more. I'll be looking forward to it whenever it happens though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.