Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of yet Jones is not fighting Griffin. I didnt see this anywhere when I searched the names... hope it isnt a double post.

UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones (11-1) recently posted on his Twitter account that a rumored fight between him and former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin (17-6) is exactly that, just a rumor:

"Been getting a lot of questions about a possible fight between Griffin and I. As of now no one from @Ufc has mentioned it 2me Rumor"

Jones is widely regarded as one of the best up-and-coming light heavyweight fighters in the UFC. He is currently 5-1 in the promotion with wins over Stephan Bonnar, Brandon Vera, Vladimir Matyushenko, Jake O'Brien, and Andre Gusmao. His only professional loss came in December of 2009 after he was disqualified for throwing some illegal elbows to the face of Matt Hamill. UFC President Dana White has confirmed that Jones' next fight will be against a fellow top-10 light heavyweight fighter.
Source
http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/149271

·
Registered
287 Posts
Misleading titles are one of my pet peeves.

Jones didn't say that he wasn't fighting Griffin next. He stated that, AS OF NOW, it hasn't been confirmed that he's fighting Griffin. Note, he didn't say he wasn't fighting Griffin. Jones fought just a couple of weeks ago... of course he doesn't know who he's fighting next.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Misleading titles are one of my pet peeves.

Jones didn't say that he wasn't fighting Griffin next. He stated that, AS OF NOW, it hasn't been confirmed that he's fighting Griffin. Note, he didn't say he wasn't fighting Griffin. Jones fought just a couple of weeks ago... of course he doesn't know who he's fighting next.
But Jones not fighting Griffin... As of now, possibly he fights someone different? because AS OF NOW he isnt signed to fight Griffin. See what I did there? If it makes you happy ill try and change it though.

Cant change it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
But Jones not fighting Griffin... As of now, possibly he fights someone different? because AS OF NOW he isnt signed to fight Griffin. See what I did there? If it makes you happy ill try and change it though.

Cant change it.
Nah, don't try to change the thread title to appease me. It's just that when I saw the title, I thought one of two things happened. Either Jones had an opponent not named Griffin, or Griffin had an opponent not named Jones. Instead, nothing is official. It just left a bad taste in my mouth, that's all.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, don't try to change the thread title to appease me. It's just that when I saw the title, I thought one of two things happened. Either Jones had an opponent not named Griffin, or Griffin had an opponent not named Jones. Instead, nothing is official. It just left a bad taste in my mouth, that's all.
All good didn't mean to come off like a dick, long day. I hope they don't do this fight at all ever. I can't think of who I can see him fighting...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts