Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not a good night for Paul Daley. Sucker-punches Koscheck after the fight getting him booted out of the UFC, and then Koscheck claims that he was eye-gouging and was greased up. Glad he's been cut from the UFC if he's pulling tricks like that. If he felt he had to cheat to win the fight, then he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC. The punch after the fight was ridiculous also. Not a good night for Semtex.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I love that you can hear the crowd going ape shit when Shogun KO'd Machida haha. Karate kid fans can't escape it. They try to watch something else and it just keeps coming back.

·
Banned
689 Posts
.........sigh

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
If there was any eye gouging, Kos would still be in the Octagon playing it out lol I'm sure the refs wouldn've caught the grease too since they're paying more attention to that stuff. I hate Kos but I think I hate Daley more. I don't think either deserve to be in the UFC.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
It just occurred to me while I was watching this, how ugly Kos is, it's possible he is the ugliest fighter in the UFC.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
lmao.. "Shogun won?? Holy shiit!"
Probably because that fight was expected to be another war and Kos hears them get announced then someone tells him it's over. I don't think anyone thought it would be over in under four minutes.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can't really trust anything a guy who fakes being kneed in the head says.
I hope this isn't the reason you're in the red. Kos won that fight, decisevely and without a doubt. The sucker punch was really bad and Daley is getting what he deserves.

People weren't booing him like crazy when he came out, they were booing him like crazy after he put on that little act for the knee that missed him. And then to completely ignore the fight or your opponent and to bash the crowd... wow, how about some respect. He could have come out looking like a class act, but he really took some cheap shots.

I think Kos put on a great performance and was active the entire time, but the BS he pulls for "illegal" strikes needs to be addressed. They even gave Daley the point back! He was clearly lying or should i say cheating...

Either way, it's too bad we have to see another title get held up for TUF. It's not like the second fight with GSP is going to be all that different...

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Haha loved his reaction when he heard Shogun won =P

But yeah I don't know about that knee ... I like Kos, but damn man - it sure didn't look like anything hit him, let alone anything hard.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
If you don't throw blatantly illegal knees directly to someones head while they're down you wont have to worry about them faking it anyway. Daley was just an idiot all around last night. I'm not exactly happy he's not going to be in the UFC in the any more because he was an exciting fighter, but I'm glad he got cut after that bullshiz.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I don't think that the knee hit him, but I also don't think that Kos was 100% faking it. I think something did hit him, but anyways, like morninglightmt said - don't throw illegal knees when your opponent's down..

P.s. How ironic is that Kos has received 2 controversial illegal knees in two fights in a row? :D

·
Registered
603 Posts

Not a good night for Paul Daley. Sucker-punches Koscheck after the fight getting him booted out of the UFC, and then Koscheck claims that he was eye-gouging and was greased up. Glad he's been cut from the UFC if he's pulling tricks like that. If he felt he had to cheat to win the fight, then he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC. The punch after the fight was ridiculous also. Not a good night for Semtex.
Semtex was stupid, but it must be hard to resist wanting to punch KOS at any time, he should be punished but definitely a shame we wont see him in UFC again.
I think he may have got a shot at the belt after KOS anyway, as he performed ok.
For KOS to call anyone a cheat after the phantom knee incident was hypocritical, I just wish all the b.s that has happened this year in MMA would stop, but hey.:confused02:

·
Registered
585 Posts
If there was any eye gouging, Kos would still be in the Octagon playing it out lol I'm sure the refs wouldn've caught the grease too since they're paying more attention to that stuff. I hate Kos but I think I hate Daley more. I don't think either deserve to be in the UFC.
They didn't catch GSP"greasing" either did they?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did anyone see the eye gouge?

I didnt believe Koscheck at first due to his apparant faking (and general ####iness) in his last two fights, but Dana mentioned it to in the post fight press conference.

EDIT: Great minds from Sousa and I - telepathic double posting by the look of things!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.