Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Josh Koscheck: 'Paul Daley isn't gonna hit me with anything I haven’t been hit with'

by Jesse Holland on Apr 26, 2010 10:54 AM EDT

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/26/1444844/josh-koscheck-paul-daley-isnt

Props: UFC.com

Quoteworthy:

"The way I see it, Paul Daley is just a guy that just likes to talk trash and he’s a one-dimensional fighter. Those guys are from the old days – like the one-dimensional wrestler or the one-dimensional striker. Those days are over, and you’ve got to become a complete mixed martial artist. But I was at that point once. I was a one-dimensional wrestler, and coming from The Ultimate Fighter days, if you look at the evolution of Josh Koscheck, I’ve changed and I’m excited about the transition I made and the sacrifices I made to get here. I can submit guys, I can knock guys out, I can head kick guys, and I’m not gonna have a problem standing toe-to-toe with Paul Daley. He’s not gonna hit me with anything I haven’t been hit with."

Former UFC welterweight number one contender Josh Koscheck hopes to get another crack at Georges St. Pierre by defeating the hard-hitting British import Paul Daley at UFC 113 on May 8 in Montreal. "Semtex" has won four straight with four first round knockouts. Will "Kos" Be number five? The AKA standout doesn't seem too worried over Daley's power, but after what happened against Paulo Thiago, should he be? Or is this just pre-fight posturing that will see him rely on his wrestling to grind out a win?

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Koscheck should take this one to the ground. From what I saw of semtex ground game Koscheck should have no problem beating him their.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I see this fight going 3 possible ways.
1. daley gets a one punch KO in the 1st.(his only chance)
2. daley hurts kos and gets taken down. from there it goes just like Sheilds/daley.
3.daley can't hurt kos standing and gets exposed as "good for a brit" and goes back to cage rage.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts

You're right Josh. Just a shame that one of the shots you've already been hit with knocked you out. Hopefully Daley'll land a shot similar to the one above :).

Reactions: Sicilian_Esq

·
Registered
233 Posts
Daley should keep it steady and wait for a TD to hit him - if Kos is still standing Paul may be in trouble. I don't see the point trying to strike Kos nonchalantly as he'll just take you down while throwing a punch or kick.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Kos isn't stupid, he's just bringing Daley into a false sense of security. As soon as the striking heats up he'll have Daley on his back eating elbows before you can say the words one dimensional.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts

You're right Josh. Just a shame that one of the shots you've already been hit with knocked you out. Hopefully Daley'll land a shot similar to the one above :).
I've always disagreed with that stoppage, the fight should have gone on and kos was not KOed.

With that being said... I hope daley KOs KOS <-- lol

·
official thrash metal connoisseur
3,329 Posts
Does anybody like Josh Koscheck?? Not as the winner or loser I just mean does anyone like him???
used to hate him on TUF. Since then I've learned to respect his skills, as he has become a pretty entertaining fighter. I wouldn't say I like the though, as a person.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Don't dislike him as much as I did on TUF. But still think he's a bit of a douche. He's an entertaining fighter that comes to put on a show, but there's just something that irritates me about him. Think I said in a post a little while back that it was his 'general hair/face combination', which sums it up pretty nicely. He does have one of those punchable faces.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
if you look at the evolution of Josh Koscheck
Almost nothing annoys me more than someone that speaks of themselves in third-person. Kos always annoyed the crap out of me, I hope Paul puts him to sleep.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Another thing that annoys me about him, is people over-rating him and claiming he deserves a title shot. He's 3-2 in his last 5, has lost to the only 2 legitimate fighters he's fought, with his 3 wins coming against either average fighters like Johnson, or cans like Trigg and Yoshida. Seriously, apart from Diego Sanchez, who has he beaten? Lytle, Hazelett, Yoshida, Trigg, Johnson, and if you go further back to the likes of Joslin and Goulet, they're all gatekeepers. Koscheck has never beaten a legitimate contender at 170, and will never be a champion. He's an entertaining fighter, certainly more-so than Fitch, but he's not got a resume anything close to that of Fitch. I'm not remotely excited at the prospect of seeing either Koscheck or Daley getting a title shot. The only fights I want to see GSP take at 170 are Shields and possibly a rematch with Fitch or Alves.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Does anybody like Josh Koscheck?? Not as the winner or loser I just mean does anyone like him???
Well... he was in a chevelle music video..

nah i hate that prick and i hope daley KOs his fraggly arse :thumbsup:

i like him as a fighter, but thats it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All Daley has to do is touch koscheck and he will go down if koshcheck thinks he can stand with Paul Daley because he stood with Rumble he is in for a rude awakeining.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I like the trashtalking Kos is using.
He knows something we don't know.
And neither will Daley, once Kos gets a takedown.
From there on is over. Kos by sub.
I like Kos! Good fighter!

PS: After this fight Daley will have enough time to strike with Rumble - both fighters are alergic to the mat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.