Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is he from?

Im always good at deciding where people come from, what their ethnicity is and I find it interesting, but I cant tell about Koscheck. Is he half latino, half caucasian?

So please tell me where he is from, I have always wondered.

·
British Bulldog
930 Posts
Koschek talking about Matt Hughes mentions this

The funny thing is, I’m half white and half black. Being half white and half black, you can throw down on any race. I’m not saying it to be racist on Matt Hughes or white people. He’s a farm boy and he’s slow. He’s won just by wrestling all these years. I’m not going to change for anybody. If I have something on my mind, I’m going to tell you how I feel. If you don’t like what I say, don’t listen”
So he says he's half black and half white, whether he is half african american or is from another ancestrious line we don't know.

Not really sure what difference it makes tbh!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm the same, hlaf black, half white. People never have a clue though lol I've bene called spanish, portuguese etc.

I always assumed he was mulatto but I guess I had any easier time guessing since I am too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
okay, side note then... my girlfriend and I have argued over the word "mulatto". I was taught that that is the scientific word for people who are half black/half white. My girlfriend was shocked when i used that word because she's under the impression that it's a derogatory term. Who's right?

Even if it is derogatory, there's plenty better insults for Josh Koscheck though...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Since he's got blue eyes, there has to be some white on his black side too so to speak, if I'm not totally mistaken about genetics.

·
Registered
509 Posts
okay, side note then... my girlfriend and I have argued over the word "mulatto". I was taught that that is the scientific word for people who are half black/half white. My girlfriend was shocked when i used that word because she's under the impression that it's a derogatory term. Who's right?

Even if it is derogatory, there's plenty better insults for Josh Koscheck though...
It's in no way derogartory lol

·
Banned
2,719 Posts

Have you seen that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry says it?

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts

In some cultures it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is he from?

Im always good at deciding where people come from, what their ethnicity is and I find it interesting, but I cant tell about Koscheck. Is he half latino, half caucasian?

So please tell me where he is from, I have always wondered.
Why do you people get so scared to ask if someone is half African American or African American? Koscheck is clearly African American. You're an idiot. African American is not some kind of dirty word, with that thick curly hair, I'd have thought African American would have been the first choice. But also lets not assume we know what percentage maybe White just because he has blue eyes. That's ignorance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts