Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/14/1472279/ufc-quick-quote-georges-st-pierre#comments

"I liked the comment that he made at the end [of his UFC 113 fight with Daley]. It was awesome. He's a perfect villain. I like him even more cause of this. I like Josh Koscheck, he's awesome. It's going to build up the fight better saying bad things to each other [laughs]. It's normal. He's confident coming into that fight. He's a fighter. For sure if he doesn't think he's going to win the fight, he's not going to take the fight. It's going to be up to me to prove him wrong. I put myself in his shoes with the people booing him. It was just very funny what he said. As long as it's a fair fight and there is no biased judges, everything is fair. I'm agreed to do it wherever it is. I don't care... He's a different fighter than when I fought him the first time. The first time I had the element of surprise. I was able to take him out of his comfort zone by using my wrestling skills. He didn't know how my wrestling was. This time I don't have this element of surprise, but I'm going to have to use another element of surprise you guys might find out in the fight."
-GSP

This sucks we have to wait after TUF for this match.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I hate when the UFC takes champs and puts them on TUF, It delays fights for the champs and keeps contenders having to continue fighting even if they normally would get a title shot without TUF.
I complete agree. Normally I do hate it, but as I think about it I guess I don't really care. Aside from Kos the two top contenders are Fitch and Alves who have a fight against each other coming up.

I know I might get negged for this, but I don't really care to see either of them fight GSP again any time soon. Fitch still can't seem to win a fight any other way then UD, even when he's fighting lower caliber guys. And Alves would still only have won 1 fight after his loss to GSP, so I'd think he'd need another win or two, considering his loss to GSP was utter.

The two guys I do want to see eventually fight GSP at WW, Paulto Thiago or Ricardo Almeida, are still several wins away from a shot, so having the division on hold does nothing to harm their future. They both need time anyway to be fighting top 10 guys and to get hyped up for an eventual fight with GSP after TUF pans out and GSP destroys Kos.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
At least the "TUF" season will be entertaining since Kos has pretty much no regard for what he says.

I wonder if he'll be able to really get under GSP's skin.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I complete agree. Normally I do hate it, but as I think about it I guess I don't really care. Aside from Kos the two top contenders are Fitch and Alves who have a fight against each other coming up.

I know I might get negged for this, but I don't really care to see either of them fight GSP again any time soon. Fitch still can't seem to win a fight any other way then UD, even when he's fighting lower caliber guys. And Alves would still only have won 1 fight after his loss to GSP, so I'd think he'd need another win or two, considering his loss to GSP was utter.

The two guys I do want to see eventually fight GSP at WW, Paulto Thiago or Ricardo Almeida, are still several wins away from a shot, so having the division on hold does nothing to harm their future. They both need time anyway to be fighting top 10 guys and to get hyped up for an eventual fight with GSP after TUF pans out and GSP destroys Kos.
If Alves is able to keep the fight standing and beat Fitch then isnt he really the number 1 contender? It would show improvement because he was taken down many times and brutalized by Fitch in their first fight. And who else are you gonna throw in there with GSP? Beating Fitch should be an automatic title shot at this point.

And as for Fitch, you simply cannot deny him the next title shot if he beats Alves because dude is 12-1 in the UFC and has beat basically everyone in the WW division not named Georges.

I love Paulo Thiago but he was grinded out by Fitch recently so if Alves beats Fitch then he obviously jumps ahead of Paulo (too many Thiago's and Silva's in this sport lol). Id like to see him fight Kos in a rematch after he loses to GSP. If he can get through Kos again then he'd be in line if there was no one else (Shields).

I dont see Almeida ever getting to GSP unless the UFC lets him bypass Kos, Fitch, and Alves because his striking is way too far behind the top of the division (including GSP)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.