Kasuzhi Sakuraba
Genki Sudo
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Kazuo Misaki
tell me if im missing anyone.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
How is Sakuraba done. He fought like 7 months ago at Dream 12 against Zelg Galešić and won. I don't think hes announced retirement.
Sorry, I meant done in the sense that he cannot compete with people that dont suck. My bad, shoulda been more clear on that one. I forgot to add Misaki, I would actually love to see him fight in the UFC (probably at ww though).

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I still think Aoki could, I just think the improvement show my Melendez over the last couple of years is seriously under rated, having an impact and hanging with the A class fighters is one think, going to the US and taking one a very under rated Champion for the belt is another.
I agree that Melendez has been one of the most underrated fighters over the last couple of years, but that still doesnt make me think that Aoki could compete with the top dudes in the U.S. Melendez is very, very good, but there are plenty of other guys in the U.S. that fight just like him. Tyson Griffin, Sean Sherk, Gray Maynard, Frankie Edgar, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson, Bj Penn, and Josh Thomson all present the same match up problems for Aoki. Having weak takedowns will get you no where fighting at lightweight in the states.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Akiyama could definitely be a force though I wish he would realize that 170 would be a much MUCH better weight class for him in the UFC.

Shinya Aoki needs to completely retool his game for the cage and work on wrestling, takedowns and at the very least a passable stand-up.

Oh and you completely forgot, much like the UFC and other people, the stud that is Yushin Okami. Sonnen taught him a lesson that shocked me completely but dude is one of the most well-rounded fighters and will build off the last loss and his most recent victory where he looked great. The guy is only 8-2 in the UFC and only needs Dana and Co. to actually try and build him up and give him fighters that will move him up the ladder.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry, I meant done in the sense that he cannot compete with people that dont suck. My bad, shoulda been more clear on that one. I forgot to add Misaki, I would actually love to see him fight in the UFC (probably at ww though).
"People that don't suck"

This is a dumb way to look at combat sports, its about the fighters heart and ability to put it on the line. Sakuraba has been doing this for 15 years against some of the best fighters in the game.

Yes, he might not be able to compete with the top dogs anymore, but the dude is not done by any means. He still continues to truck on for the love of the game.

Anyways, the guys he fought didn't suck.

He has fought Tamura, one of the best catch wrestlers and fighters on the scene for many years. Though he lost, Tamura doesn't suck, and would give a fight to a lot of people. Plus, Saku's knees prevent him from doing much.

Saku fought Manhoef as well, a fighter who has been billed as a top 10 fighter, who is k-1 caliber, and much bigger than saku.

Zelg, a fighter 10 years his elder with lots of upside. Producing one of the best come-backs of the years.

These are all within the last three years, Saku continues to fight good fighters.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As for fighters from japan who could compete in America there are many.

Here are a few off the top of the dome:

Kawajiri
AOki
Gono
Miyata
Kanehara
Omigawa (Has and will when he leaves japan for WEC)
Otsuka

Too many to name, hope to see more stars come out of Asia in the future, Maybe Korea and the surrounding nations can get some people on the scene.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
"People that don't suck"

This is a dumb way to look at combat sports, its about the fighters heart and ability to put it on the line. Sakuraba has been doing this for 15 years against some of the best fighters in the game.

Yes, he might not be able to compete with the top dogs anymore, but the dude is not done by any means. He still continues to truck on for the love of the game.

Anyways, the guys he fought didn't suck.

He has fought Tamura, one of the best catch wrestlers and fighters on the scene for many years. Though he lost, Tamura doesn't suck, and would give a fight to a lot of people. Plus, Saku's knees prevent him from doing much.

Saku fought Manhoef as well, a fighter who has been billed as a top 10 fighter, who is k-1 caliber, and much bigger than saku.

Zelg, a fighter 10 years his elder with lots of upside. Producing one of the best come-backs of the years.

These are all within the last three years, Saku continues to fight good fighters.
Remind me, howd that Manhoef fight turn out for him? Thats right, he got his ass handed to hiim. You also use a loss to Tamura to show that he is still competitive, sorry, but that doesnt really make any sense. He beat Zelg, big deal. Who has Zelg ever beaten that is worthwhile. Hold on as long as you like dude, but Sakuraba should hang it up. Fighting cans is just gonna tarnish his legend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Remind me, howd that Manhoef fight turn out for him? Thats right, he got his ass handed to hiim. You also use a loss to Tamura to show that he is still competitive, sorry, but that doesnt really make any sense. He beat Zelg, big deal. Who has Zelg ever beaten that is worthwhile. Hold on as long as you like dude, but Sakuraba should hang it up. Fighting cans is just gonna tarnish his legend.
My post was pretty clear, don't know what to say, bruh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts