Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going thru the fight card on UFC 117..

So Jr Dos Santos has beaten Cro-cop, Werdum and Gonzaga and is unbeaten in his last 5 fights in the UFC...

and they give him Big Country...??

Was he asking for the Moon after his latest win over Gonzaga and they literally gave it to him?
:confused02:

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
He wanted to continue fighting and not wait to see what happens with the belt, There really isnt anyone else for him to fight to be honest. Roy Nelson will test his ground game, JDS "has" a good ground game from what people say, this will put it to the test.

It is a step down in the ladders, but there really isnt anyone for him to fight in the UFC, its either wait to see what happens with Lesnar/Carwin/Cain, or fight lower competition and stay in fighting shape.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't really mind this fight to be honest. JDS has said he wants to fight as often as he can and he doesn't want to wait to see what happens with the title fights. It makes sense for him to take a fight that "on paper" he should probably win. Roy is a tough guy that could give him a good scrap.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
you guys are being all "lol" and you dont realize big country could easily win this.

Reactions: Soojooko

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
A dangerous fight for JDS, roys got a very slick ground game and if he subs JDS which is a very likely scenario if roy can get it to the ground, than JDS will fall down the ladder and have to work his way back up.

which would actually be good for JDS, there is no point in pitting him up against guys like brock, carwin and cain who are great wrestlers when no one but the guys at black house have seen him off his back.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
This fight reminds me of Lil nog vs...Jason Brilz... ahahahahah

I wouldn´t count Roy out, he is very capable of coming out of it with a split decison!

·
Registered
750 Posts
A dangerous fight for JDS, roys got a very slick ground game and if he subs JDS which is a very likely scenario if roy can get it to the ground, than JDS will fall down the ladder and have to work his way back up.

which would actually be good for JDS, there is no point in pitting him up against guys like brock, carwin and cain who are great wrestlers when no one but the guys at black house have seen him off his back.
Lol good joke, the only time Roy will be hitting the ground is when he's out cold.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Lol good joke, the only time Roy will be hitting the ground is when he's out cold.
yes it is a joke

just like brillz standing a chance against lil nog

just like randy beating chuck, sylvia

just like forrest beating rampage, shogun

just like shogun standing a chance against machida

just like frankie beating bj

see where i'm going with this

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You guys are underestimating Roy hard. Don't let that belly fool you, his cardio is sick and his jitsu is crazy too. I see Roy as heavy favourite on this infact, specially if the fight goes down to ground.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
you guys are being all "lol" and you dont realize big country could easily win this.

Yeah okay. Easily? Big Country doesn't stand a chance here.

People are forgetting he was losing the stand-up to Kimbo and a baby jab from Arlovski basically put him to sleep.

And Nelson is the one to test his ground game, when superior grapplers and take-down artists in Gonzaga and Werdum didn't come close?

·
Banned
820 Posts
This is one of those fights where you think the victor is clear, but the "underdog" could pull it out, and it not be that shocking. I think JDS will win, but not as easy as people are thinking.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Yeah okay. Easily? Big Country doesn't stand a chance here.

People are forgetting he was losing the stand-up to Kimbo and a baby jab from Arlovski basically put him to sleep.

And Nelson is the one to test his ground game, when superior grapplers and take-down artists in Gonzaga and Werdum didn't come close?
werdum didn't even try to take the fight to the ground, gonzaga try'd once and than was stupid enough to stand & bang, roy had arlofski in side control and was working a kimura before the bullshit stand up. you also talk about kimbo out striking him which is true and it's also true that kimbo is one of the very few people in MMA who knows how to throw a straight punch

EDIT:also AA hit him with a straight right

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think this is good for Roy and Junior. I said awhile back that Dana needs to put Roy in there with a contender,just to find out where he really is in the UFC.
Roy was the IFL champ,and he did win the show.
It will be good for JDS also,even if it is just going through a camp and then practice hitting someone with a hard head.
Can Roy win this fight?? Yes. Will he?? NOO. His only chance is to clip Junior flop on him and pound away. Or I guess Junior could slip and fall.... Hey stranger things have happened.
I would like to have seen JDS vs. Cain, and the winner getting the winner of shane and block. Man I believe Cain and Junior would be SICK. As would Cain or Junior vs. Carwin. I guess we cant eat all of the halloween candy at once though. They are going to string along alot of great hw fights for awhile,and it's great to be able to get hyped for 5 or 6 great hw fights. The hw div is deeeep,right now.
I think Carwin will Knock Lesnar cold. Then of course BL will blame it on ring rust and illness. That will keep him in the picture for a while. Hold on to your seats it's gonna be wild.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts