Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been privileged to go and see a UFC event but i was curious as to where the refs sit ??? are they all grouped together or are they equally placed around the octagon? The reason for the ? is that of course u all know one of the biggest fights of the year is closing in fast, i dont want to see the judges slip up again. A idea to prevent bad calls is to have them paired up one group sits around the octagon watching the fight and the other group is placed in a booth setup where they can access replays of the round etc etc, then if a match exceeds the time frame they will have there view of the fight and the others will have there view which isnt blocked by cage mesh cameramen cornerguys and the enormous DB's that the crowd produces i find it hard to believe that just having the setup they have now can be fullproof as they always gotta check amark down for strikes etc etc that split second they take there eye away that other fighter might have slipped in a quick flurry ....

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
I haven't been privileged to go and see a UFC event but i was curious as to where the refs sit ??? are they all grouped together or are they equally placed around the octagon? The reason for the ? is that of course u all know one of the biggest fights of the year is closing in fast, i dont want to see the judges slip up again. A idea to prevent bad calls is to have them paired up one group sits around the octagon watching the fight and the other group is placed in a booth setup where they can access replays of the round etc etc, then if a match exceeds the time frame they will have there view of the fight and the others will have there view which isnt blocked by cage mesh cameramen cornerguys and the enormous DB's that the crowd produces i find it hard to believe that just having the setup they have now can be fullproof as they always gotta check amark down for strikes etc etc that split second they take there eye away that other fighter might have slipped in a quick flurry ....
You mean judges??? They are placed around the octagon for different angles.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
the judges should just all have monitors and watch that. You get way more vantage points from the various camera shots then looking with a naked eye at a single vantage, broad perspective. People at home have the best seats in the house.

I wonder if the crowds cheering ever affects their opinions. Like when one fighter is getting their name chanted, do the judges start to become biased at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts