Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Gerard is very strong with his legs...very strong kicking...a lot of kickboxing techniques...very strong...basically a kickboxer that uses the boxing techniques and the kicking techniques...taekwondo...from kicking...

Damn, Goldberg's detractors need to see that.

Yeah, I know there are guys who pine for the good ol' days, when it was style vs. style and they had tournaments and all that, but you know -- the good ol' days weren't that good.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Jim Brown did commentary....what do you want? He had no Martial Arts experience at all, but he was like 500-0 in bare knuckle domestic squabbles.

Jim Brown- "Yeah right about now he's tappin out, that is a luxury my first wife did not have, tap about all you want woman there ain't no referee in my living room."

·
Registered
619 Posts
LOL. Funny thing is...I can remember watching it with some buds when I was in the military stationed in Alaska. The production was indeed horrible, but we didnt care. We were drinking and enjoying the simple fact that we was watching this shit legally. I can remember thinking...how great is this! This is going to blow up...there is no way people can not love this stuff. Of course I was right! It only took a little over a decade...lol.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Gerard is very strong with his legs...very strong kicking...a lot of kickboxing techniques...very strong...basically a kickboxer that uses the boxing techniques and the kicking techniques...taekwondo...from kicking...
That one killed me, Nice find :thumb02::thumb02:

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Well I was a teenager and I loved it. It reminded me of bloodsport which I loved, and was always into martial arts as a kid. Gracie was my idol for a while.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Everytime i watch old UFC videos like this, it really makes me wonder how the UFC didnt end up failing. Makes you really appreciate Dana White and his ability to take the UFC from that and turn it into what it is today.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Everytime i watch old UFC videos like this, it really makes me wonder how the UFC didnt end up failing. Makes you really appreciate Dana White and his ability to take the UFC from that and turn it into what it is today.
it did fail, dana is the one that brought it back to life.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
"Having a foot to your kidney is like having a little Ninja super-glued to your back" is that honestly what he said?

Also bear in mind guys "pain hurts."

Paragon of wisdom.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Old, but cool. I have a book of him. Its called dynamic kicking & stretching.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts