Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
BJ Penn is my favorite fighter of all time. That being said, he's been so weird lately. So not like himself, and that especially rang true in the Edgar fight. BJ didn't bring it and let Edgar zip around the ring.

If BJ doesn't come to the next fight with more fire in his belly, he'll lose again. He's got to bully Edgar, get him against the cage and beat on him. He needs to be hungry for the win.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Very pumped for this rematch. BJ needs to finish him in the first two rounds or hes going to risk losing another decision. I still feel that BJ is infinitely better than Edgar though

·
Registered
263 Posts
He seems pissed. I'm not much of a BJ Penn fan but I agree with Cali, he hasn't been himself in the octagon. If he comes back with more motivation, which it seems like he has, he can definitely get the belt back.

·
Administrator
15,545 Posts
I don't like BJ's "I don't care if I win or lose" attitude.

He used to fight with extreme motivation, but it seems he's been lacking it his last few fights. Even in the Sanchez fight, it took him 4 rounds to really understand that he can just finish the fight, instead of letting Sanchez push him against the cage 4 rounds.

I realy hope BJ gets his "I want to be the best in the world, so look out" attitude back.

BJ rules.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Damn, BJ is mad at Edgar. Sucks to be Edgar on August 28th.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Is Penn Bipolor? This is serious.

Couple weeks after the fight he was saying he did not really want a rematch and that he wanted to fight someone sooner so that he can stay fresh. He was saying he was offered the rematch and that he was not sure if he would take it. Now he is saying that Edgar is trying to duck him?

Should be a good fight and I really do not care who wins because Penn keeps f*cking with my mind.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Is Penn Bipolor? This is serious.

Couple weeks after the fight he was saying he did not really want a rematch and that he wanted to fight someone sooner so that he can stay fresh. He was saying he was offered the rematch and that he was not sure if he would take it. Now he is saying that Edgar is trying to duck him?

Should be a good fight and I really do not care who wins because Penn keeps f*cking with my mind.
? What, Penn demanded a rematch immediately. I remember at the post fight conference, he isnt BiPolor.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I hope BJ comes in, in shape, angry and hungry. I'm glad he finally watched the fight, hope that lights a fire inside of him.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
? What, Penn demanded a rematch immediately. I remember at the post fight conference, he isnt BiPolor.
I remember it too and I also remember a couple weeks after he came on a radio station here and was saying he wanted to get into the octagon earlier than waiting for the next time the LW belt was on the line.

You really just helped my point because he wanted the Rematch, didn't, now is all mad because he wants it.

He also was extremely respectful after the loss. Now he is not.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Man you guys fall away from fighters as soon as they show a ***** in their armor. Its like you don't support a fighter unless he dominates everybody and you can go talk to your buddies how great your favorite fighter is.
BJ beat the shit out of Sanchez and some say he didn't look himself WTF are looking at. Come on man, I dont want to start a argument but stop and think about what I just said. It happens all the time on this board. Everyone is jumping on and off these BANWAGONS. No true support.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I dont see BJ losing in any way if he brings his full crazy King Kamehameha possessed warrior spirit with him in the octagon on Aug 28th. Book it!

·
Administrator
15,545 Posts
Man you guys fall away from fighters as soon as they show a ***** in their armor. Its like you don't support a fighter unless he dominates everybody and you can go talk to your buddies how great your favorite fighter is.
BJ beat the shit out of Sanchez and some say he didn't look himself WTF are looking at. Come on man, I dont want to start a argument but stop and think about what I just said. It happens all the time on this board. Everyone is jumping on and off these BANWAGONS. No true support.
No one is jumping off any wagons. You cannot criticize you're favorite, or one of your favorite fighters?

It's not a rule that you can't give a negative opinion on a fighter if you're a fan.

No one is saying he sucks or that they are jumping off his wagon, they are saying that his attitude has changed a lot since his loss from GSP, and his motivation has been decreasing since his attitude of wanting to be the best ever changed to "I don't care if I win or lose, I just want to do my best".

BJ is awesome, and we all hope he gets the fire and killer instinct back into him.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
With Frankie constantly moving, I would think his feet are almost never planted on the ground in a way that would allow him to knock someone out?

I would think the way to deal with him would be to rush in when he's moving(his feet won't be planted allowing him to counter well) back him into a corner, clinch or takedown + gnp.

Frankie's good on his feet, doubt he would be very elusive lying down, though. :thumbsup:

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I like frankie Edgar. A lot. He's a good example of how far brains and work ethic (and good wrestling) can go in this sport.

That said....as they say.. I predict BJ by 1st round sub after a knockdown.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts

If this is the BJ that steps into the cage against Edgar, Frankie is getting his ass handed to him, period. I don't like him saying how he doesn't care about the result though. Makes me wonder if his mind is in the right place.

Always supporting BJ, I'm sure he takes the gold back to Hilo.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Wow, so I took that vid a lot different than some people here. I took it as a BJ who is trying to express himself without throwing out all the accusations and disrespect he used too. To me that is a BJ who you should be scared of, he is a BJ who was clearly upset about what he saw in the fight and in Frankie. Frankie did not dominate BJ, but the scores would make you think he did. A BJ who just wants to hurt someone and doesn't care about winning might be the most aggressive BJ we have ever seen.

·
Administrator
15,545 Posts
BJ has been saying "I'm just going to go in there and do my best, and see where the chips fall" since he got beat by GSP. It's not just for his fight with Edgar, but his entire view is now "doing my best" rather than, one of his best quotes "It's the wrong time to be fighting BJ right now, wrong time."

1 - 20 of 76 Posts