Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...e-future-of-the-hw-division&catid=36:fighters

When Wu-Tang Clan made that song 'Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to [expletive] with', they were really talking about Karlos Vemola. Today, the news broke that the UFC has finally embraced the future of the heavyweight division and has signed Karlos Vemola to bang against Jon Madsen at UFC 116.

Karlos Vemola may not be the greatest technical striker (yet), but the dude fights like he's been reprimanded by catholic nuns his entire life. Vemola is undefeated with only two of his seven fights lasting over a minute and one of his bouts ending in only five seconds. Karlos trains by taking a sledge hammer and bashing cars in junkyards.

The world is about to see what happens when you unleash 243lbs of pent-up Czech Republic rage inside a cage and it's all going down July 3, 2010 in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin headlining the card. The earth's axis may reverse that night.

There's a reason why they call Karlos Vemola 'The Terminator'. Check out this highlight reel of Karlos Vemola's six previous bouts in the CFC. Go to the 1:18 mark to have your head explode from sheer amazement.

Source:http://www.mmaforreal.com/2010/4/27/1447080/czech-republic-standout-fighter#comments

Looks like an uncontrolled beast to me. Anybody know anything more about this dude? Does he have skills or have the UFC simply signed the Tasmanian Devil.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I only know that hes a beast according to punchbag ( a poster on here). He might be on here in a bit to shed some light on this Vemola bloke.

The thing is with most British fighters is that they all struggle when it comes to wrestling and Jon Madson ONLY has wrestling so I can see this going to a UD for Madsen. Hope im wrong though, very fed up of one dimensional wrestler clogging up MMA.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Doesn't seem to technical imo.
Has a lot of energy and agression, wich is good, but if he rushes like that against MAdsen, he will get taken down fast.
Also, the level of competition shown in that clip is questionable, to say the least.
But hey, having a new addition to the UFC, a big, strong...insane looking guy is always a good news.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Powerful athlete by the looks of it but let's be realistic, his wins have been over absolute cans. It's going to be different running into a collegiate wrestler like that, but he may have legit skills and do just fine.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Powerful athlete by the looks of it but let's be realistic, his wins have been over absolute cans. It's going to be different running into a collegiate wrestler like that, but he may have legit skills and do just fine.
Yep. agree with this.

Although, I have to admit, I would like him to turn out legit. Can never have too many good heavies.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
There was the odd good takedown and he put some chokes on pretty quickly. Not a great deal of technique standing though.

That kind of aggression and power will only get a fighter so far, it needs to be channeled into calculated attack.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose if his chin is granite, his Attila technique might work. Potentially develop into a heavyweight Wandy. However, if hes anywhere near 30... forget it.

Whatever. I'm interested in seeing the fight that's for sure. I guess that's all that matters.

·
Registered
504 Posts
OH YEAH!! Thats my boy!! CZECH REPUBLIC REPRESENT!

Its incredible that he will fight in UFC!

He is not British for your information.

His backround is in wrestling(Greco-Roman to be exact), when he was young.Then he was just bouncer in British club and one day he just smash some CFC fighter and their manager saw it and took Karlos to the gym :thumb02:

Absolutly hilarious that he end up in UFC.

Oh and he was born in 1985.. So he turns 25 this year. Oh my god.. Im so exited!

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turns 25 this year?? Ok, I'm certainly interested.

I doubt Lesnar or Carwin looked this promising at 24/25. If they build him up slowly like they did with Carwin, this boy may well turn out a cracking fighter.

I guess we should watch this space.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Turns 25 this year?? Ok, I'm certainly interested.

I doubt Lesnar or Carwin looked this promising at 24/25. If they build him up slowly like they did with Carwin, this boy may well turn out a cracking fighter.

I guess we should watch this space.
I can't really say anything about Carwin, but Lesnar was 106-5 in college wrestling. If that's not promising then I don't know.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
hmm, he trains @ London Shootfighters gym that has a lot of freestyle wrestlers training there, so he may be OK against Madsen.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't really say anything about Carwin, but Lesnar was 106-5 in college wrestling. If that's not promising then I don't know.
True. But, my point is mainly that Lesnar had been nowhere near MMA by that age whereas this animal is getting stuck in. Granted, I'm not sure where MMA was at when Lesnar was 24, but still, if you imagine Lesnar had started at 24? Wow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.