Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
6,069 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
On another thread on this forum I mentioned that I evaluated this fight hit-for-hit, takedown-for-takedown completely. Here are the results and why I think Karo got robbed but Diego understandably won due to his great performance in the last 3 minutes of the fight. But like I said, if the judges had the chance to do what I just did then they would see that Karo won no doubt about it (in my opinion). I don't really have anything against Diego he's a great fighter, a bit annoying, but still a great fighter. Karo is one of my favorites but I made sure I did not favor him at all while scoring this fight. These are all the honest-to-God true facts of the fight and if you don't believe me, do it yourself and see. It only took me about an hour to do with my DVR. I will tell you that I did not count any of the weak, half-hearted punches or other strikes that were thrown or landed while they were in a clinch or on the ground. These kind of strikes are not important because they throw them with almost no effort and only do it so the fight doesn't get broken up or stood up or to distract the fighter, not so much to actually knock their opponent out or inflict any sort of serious damage. There were a lot of these kind of strikes thrown throughout the whole fight but none of them were counted except the ones that were obviously intended to inflict damage.

Give me your thoughts on my scoring and who you NOW think won the fight:

Round 1:
Karo Parisyan
Punches/Strikes: 30/45 (66.6%)
Elbows: 3/3 (100%)
Knees: 0/0
Kicks: 0/0
Takedowns: 3
Submission Attempts: 0
Escapes: 1
Amount of Time in Dominant Position:
3:30-2:17
1:14-0:42
Total: 1 min 45 sec

Diego Sanchez
Punches/Strikes: 17/33 (51.5%)
Elbows: 1/1 (100%)
Knees: 2/2 (100%)
Takedowns: 1
Submission Attempts: 1
Escapes: 3
4:39-3:39
2:18-2:15
Total: 1 min 03 sec

I would say Karo won this round...

Round 2:
Karo Parisyan:
Punches/Strikes: 13/25 (52%)
Elbows: 2/2 (100%)
Knees: 0/0
Kicks: 1/1 (100%)
Takedowns: 3
Submission Attempts: 0
4:04-3:29
3:26-3:01
0:28-0:09
Total: 1 min 19 sec

Diego Sanchez
Punches/Strikes: 10/24 (41.6%)
Elbows: 0/0
Knees: 3/3 (100%)
Takedowns: 1
Escapes: 2
2:14-1:01
Total: 1 min 13 sec

This round also goes to Karo the way I see it, that's 2 now....

Round 3:
Karo Parisyan:
Punches/Strikes: 13/23 (56.5%)
Elbows: 0/0
Knees: 3/3 (100%)
Takedowns: 2
3:45-2:58
Total: 0 min 47 sec

Diego Sanchez
Punches/Strikes: 34/51 (66.6%)
Elbows: 4/7 (57.1%)
Knees: 2/2 (100%)
Takedowns: 2
2:55-1:58
1:02-0:00
Total: 1 min 59 sec

This round obviously goes to Diego....what do you all think based on these results?
dude i dont care about ur stats..i watched the fight twice and diego won the fight..i believe my eyes and he clearly won

· Premium Member
6,069 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Whatever you say chief...you obviously don't understand the reason I did this...no need to be such a prick either I wasn't being a prick I was being completely fair to both Sanchez fans and Parisyan fans so if you don't like it kiss my ass.
i wasnt trying to be a ****..i was just sayin i dont care what the stats were cuz i saw with my own eyes what happened..and diego won..the reason he won was because he landed the better shots..they were cleaner, and he basically gave karo a beating..i gave karo the 2nd round and the fight was up for grabs till about the 3 minute mark, but it looked like diegos relentless style of fighting really got to karo and diego just imposed his will after that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.