Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Last week I was let go by the UFC. I was sad to get the news but it was expected. I've always been proud to be a UFC fighter and they have been real good to me. I can't help but to feel a bit like I'm losing a family. As for now, I'm more motivated than ever. I'm going to take a vacation for a week then get back to work. Already, there are a lot of offers for fights coming I'm. Some are exciting. Starting over doesn't sound so bad to me. Although my career is at a crossroads my story is only half written. I have a lot of fight left in me and I continue to improve with every fight. Anyway, I'm best when the chips are stacked against me and I will make it to the top. Thanks to all of my fans."
Source-http://www.mmamania.com/

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
That sucks for Keith. Sorta feel sorry for him but he did real well for his level of talent. Hopefully he makes it back.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I admire his drive. I really hope he can get back into the UFC one day I enjoyed watching him fight.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
He'll be back in the UFC by the end of next year, no doubt.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Yup that's what I was thinking. He could be back at the start of 2011 if he gets his fights in quickly rather than waiting months inbetween.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Maybe he will be back, maybe not. He can be defeated by solid upcomers.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
IMHO, Jardine shouldn't have been cut. At least, after the Hammill fight.

He was outpointing Matt until the eye poke, and with the deduction, he had to go all out, which left him open to a lot of damage.

That said, Jardine is a solid mid-tier guy. He'll be back next year. Hell, if Jorge Rivera can do it, so can Jardine.

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Much respect to Jardine. Hope to see him back in the UFC in the near future

·
Registered
742 Posts
I used to hate Jardine more than any fighter a few years ago after people on this forum hyped the shit out of him after he beat Chuck but I will miss him honestly. He's been on the recieving end of some of the best finishes in recent memory. Nobody gets knocked out like Keith Jardine.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
After almost 5 years in the UFC, it's normal he feels this way.
But i am glad he seems to be motivated and ready to move on to new things.
Wish him good luck and hope to see him back in the UFC by next year.
But better and improved.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Sucks, Jardine is great to watch in victory or defeat. I am sure he will be back in the UFC soon enough. I look forward to some fights outside UFC.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I put Jardine in the same category as Amir Sadollah, Heath Herring and Kenny Florian...good guys but not A level fighters

Sad to see you go Keith....but you really need to learn a new fight style and incorporate it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
he is a good defensive fighter and can out point and out cardio you, but

he doesnt have much athleticism or power, or ability to land power he does have.

His best strike is probably his leg / body kick, and if he is really in trouble he knows to spit out his mouth peice and maybe even try to eye gauge you.

Fact is he was fighting a blind up and commer with a staph infection who is deaf and his no rythem and not much athleticism outside of being brutually strong and can wrestle. Then to top it off the one thing the deaf kid does have vision, was half taken away by an eye gouge, and then the half blind deaf kid still put a huge beating on jardine. I mean did anyone see his bloddy wreck of a face? He was close to getting KOed many times in that fight so he fouled and i cant tell if it was intentional.

Keith sounds like a nice enough person, but he is done in the UFC.

Up and commers will grind through him rather easily even in lower promotions, he will probably be a c to low b level fighter there. He will get fights in other promotions, but I dont ever see him putting together solid 3-4 fight win streaks that are also exciting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts