Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never watched the sherk fight but i saw double legs sig. I can't believe that flroian grabbed the cage that bad. that's horrible. He should be finned.
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
moldy said:
I never watched the sherk fight but i saw double legs sig. I can't believe that flroian grabbed the cage that bad. that's horrible. He should be finned.
I said that that there should at least be a warning and then a point taken from stuff like that.
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Again was there already a thread about this that i missed? I hope not that's embarrassing. I know people grab the fence but that was turn around and use both hands. Horrible. That was a little overboard.
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
moldy said:
Again was there already a thread about this that i missed? I hope not that's embarrassing. I know people grab the fence but that was turn around and use both hands. Horrible. That was a little overboard.
I started a thread about Florian being a weasel for doing that and it rattled some cages of people that don't mind seeing people cheat.
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hopefully double leg will post in here he has a good video of it in his sig and he can help us stress the point.
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
moldy said:
hopefully double leg will post in here he has a good video of it in his sig and he can help us stress the point.
I was actually at that fight and the crowd was not happy at all when he did that.
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
I like how Sherk just slams Florian on the back of his head after Florian tries to cheat. He could've gotten a lighter slam if he didn't hold on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Damone said:
I like how Sherk just slams Florian on the back of his head after Florian tries to cheat. He could've gotten a lighter slam if he didn't hold on.

I think the slam would have been MUCH worse if he wouldnt have hung on, I also think Sherk was gonna bring the slam over to his corner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
I think a Sherk slam, with or without holding onto the side of the cage is going to do some heavy damage....would not like to be on the recieving end of that i tell you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Team Punishment said:
Here we go again. Yes It was wrong and he only grabbed it for seconds but once again other fighters also grab the fence.
I agree. It happens all the time with other fighters. Its just one of thoues things that happened and will always happen. People need to except it. BTW nice sig.
 

·
Hamill>Bisping
Joined
·
357 Posts
^^ Thanks.

And yeah If KenFlo didnt hold on to the fence the take down would have been much worser. Freaking slamming Kenneys head on the mat and KenFlo still faught back.
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
linkster01 said:
I think the slam would have been MUCH worse if he wouldnt have hung on, I also think Sherk was gonna bring the slam over to his corner
If that slam was any harder, then they would've broken through the actual Octagon. I can picture Sherk slamming Florian all the way to hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,673 Posts
He was grabbing the fence the whole fight. Sherk put a ground and pound clinic on that soft little reality show joke. Grabbing the fence when he was going to get slammed was a reaction (hell, I'd probably do the same myself) but since he'd been grabbing it all night it looked even worse. Plus, I remember him *****ing about the blood in his eye and sherk was covered in it and laughing at him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
you gotta give Kenny some props for that fight, he lasted 5 rounds with Sherk and did a decent job to get some respect.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
I think a Sherk slam, with or without holding onto the side of the cage is going to do some heavy damage....would not like to be on the recieving end of that i tell you
Hahaha no doubt man


I think randyspankstito has said it best. You guys are talking like this was the only fence grabbing incident in the whole fight. He grabbed the fence constantly. Everytime Sherk passed his guard and got the mount, Kenny grabbed the fence to pull himself up. I agree it's a reflex, but to do it 6-7 times in one fight is ridiculous. Yea, other people grab the fence too, but that doesn't make it right. I say if you can't follow the rules of the Octagon, then you shouldn't be fighting in the UFC. It's not fair to the fighters who actually do abide by the rules. You can't follow the rules, go to a different organization. I didn't pay $40 to see some douchebag cheat his way through 5 rounds.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top