Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard the Interview between Ken Shamrock and a radio show called beatdown, he talks about how he does think it was stopped early I was wondering if anyone else has heard this and what they think about it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think Ken's delusional.

A lot of things he said leaves me thinking that he still thinks it's the same sport from 15 years ago, which it is not. I can't believe he actually thought he had the upperhand in that fight and felt he was going to come back and "own the last two rounds". Even Fedor himself would be delusional to believe that. That is pure delusion by Ken, he needs to retire.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If Ken said that he lost cleanly, then why would he get a thrid chance against Ortiz. He knew he lost but he just want to act retarded so he can go against Ortiz again, which he will suffer his third and final devastating lost. What a way to retire. If should Ortiz beat him again, Ken better say something in the lines of "I respect your skills, but I don't respect your attitude."

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tuf

Did yall hear were he spoke of the way he was portrayed in the ultimate fighter show, kinda makes sense since they made him look like he didnt care about any of the fighters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bottom line is Ken lost again.
It's not about all these excuses about how he thinks Herb stopped the fight to soon or injurys and whatnot, It all came down to Ken and Tito in that Octagon and the fact of the matter is Ken got beat down. Herb is by far one of the best Refs in the business and it would be 100% stupid/nonsence to let the fight continue. It's not like Ken was going to pull of an armbar or tryangle choke in the position he was in. He needs to suck it up and face the facts, Tito is far to young and he just got beat by someone better then him. He's to Stupid to realize that he's done and its time to retire.

Dont blame things on Herb or injurys cause if you were really injured and it was hurting that bad that you have to complain and ***** about then why are you in the fight in the first place.
It's not about UFC making him look bad, I mean sure they made him look like a moron on TUF but when it all comes down to actually getting in the Octogon and fighting he lost. Fair and square.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ken

ORTIZ said:
The bottom line is Ken lost again.
It's not about all these excuses about how he thinks Herb stopped the fight to soon or injurys and whatnot, It all came down to Ken and Tito in that Octagon and the fact of the matter is Ken got beat down. Herb is by far one of the best Refs in the business and it would be 100% stupid/nonsence to let the fight continue. It's not like Ken was going to pull of an armbar or tryangle choke in the position he was in. He needs to suck it up and face the facts, Tito is far to young and he just got beat by someone better then him. He's to Stupid to realize that he's done and its time to retire.

Dont blame things on Herb or injurys cause if you were really injured and it was hurting that bad that you have to complain and ***** about then why are you in the fight in the first place.
It's not about UFC making him look bad, I mean sure they made him look like a moron on TUF but when it all comes down to actually getting in the Octogon and fighting he lost. Fair and square.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. The reason they made him look like an idiot on TUF is because that is the way he acted. It is time for Ken to hang em up.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
A lot of things that Ken said in that interview was out there. The one that really made me question Kens sanity was when he said he the UFC probably conspired against him to set up Shamrock Vs Ortiz 3. The only way that fight would have been interesting is if Ken Shamrock won. Then everybody would second guess who would win the third fight which would generate more interest. Otherwise, Ortiz Vs Shamrock 3 would be as interesting as watching the weather channel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hardly think that Ken Shamrock is washed up. I have developed more respect for him for being in the sport for so long. Tito is no doubt a great fighter, but he has a mouth piece (Not to mention envy for Shamrock's fame and recognition in the sport). Without a doubt, Shamrock could have went on in that fight. He can still kick some serious butt!! That fight was questionable for a reason. The whole crowd thought it was crap the way it was called.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i dont care what you all say when you have like 20.000 people 90% of whitch was tito fans shouting bull shit means that it was a bad call i say let them go agein i know tito will win but then ken has no excuse and can stop crying about it have big jhon as the ref

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like Tito said in the build-up to UFC 61, once he got in Shamrock's head, it was over. I think that's a major advantage in MMA. If you can get the psychological advantage over your opponent (after a certain point), it doesn't really matter how good a fighter they are.

·
Registered
808 Posts
iceman574 said:
i dont care what you all say when you have like 20.000 people 90% of whitch was tito fans shouting bull shit means that it was a bad call i say let them go agein i know tito will win but then ken has no excuse and can stop crying about it have big jhon as the ref
I agree!

With that said, I don't think Ken would have won, but it would be nice to see him hurt Tito a little.:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
iceman574 said:
Those idiots in attendance shout at anything.

Let's see here:
-they booed and shouted when Mir broke Sylvia's arm.
-they booed and shouted when Buentello got KTFO by Arlovski.
-they booed and shouted at GSP when he beat Penn.
-they boo and shout half of the time a fight goes to the ground.

Hmmm, you know, I'm starting to think the crowd is always right too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
LightweightFighter said:
If Ken said that he lost cleanly, then why would he get a thrid chance against Ortiz. He knew he lost but he just want to act retarded so he can go against Ortiz again, which he will suffer his third and final devastating lost. What a way to retire. If should Ortiz beat him again, Ken better say something in the lines of "I respect your skills, but I don't respect your attitude."
totaly agree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wether everyone wants to admit it or not Tito is a better fighter than Ken ever was or will be.Ken needs to admit he's at the end of his road as a fighter.I use to respect Ken and hate Tito.But after the last few pre and post fight interviews with him that I've heard he needs help.If you look back at the post fight interview from the TUF show he couldn't even give an acurate account of the fight that had just taken place.
Ken just hang it up that road in your life has come to an end.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I agree kens done for. But at the same time at the Royce comment, i dont think Royce is that great anymore either. He was good against one sided opponents and thats about it.

Well rounded fighters like Matt Hughes, Ace, Evan Tanner, Tito Ortiz, and Chuck Liddell dominate his type of fighting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts