Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as anyone here knows im a MMA lover, fan, and a mma fighter, but before this i had another hobby, making music.

I make music with keyboards, synths, computer, turntables etc etc, pure electronic no live instruments but i have a library of samples ranging from guitar to piano to orchasrta sounds so despite thee fact i don't have a guitar i could still make a song with one. Actually i do have a guitar a "gibson" but i never really play it.

Anyway Ken retired last night and for me a fan i was truly saddened, i mean lets face it, he CANNOT continue he is just too old, but i remember growing up watching him on UFC 1. So for me watching ken walk out of the octagon for the last time it was like a peice of me was going with him.

Anyway enough of the drama, he has done so much for the sport i thought maybe i would so something in return so there for i made a little tribute song for him that i want to share with you all. Its short, sweet and to the point with only 2:00 of playing time, maybe someday i can really put some good time into it and make something that will never go away so we can all remember the legend. So here it is, please let me know what you think.

Steve d - Heart of a lion - Download

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was also very saddened by Ken Shamrock retiring. You guys might think its dumb or whatever but it almost brought a tear to my eye, hell, infact it pretty much did.

Steve-d, I'm liking the beat to it. Also Ken speaking is pretty cool. Thanks alot for the song.

Only thing I don't get is though, did Tito really have to wear that shirt after him and Ken made up and appologized? For ****s sake seriously....One less plug for Punishment Athletics or whatever it was isn't going to hurt his money.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken Shamrock said:
I was also very saddened by Ken Shamrock retiring. You guys might think its dumb or whatever but it almost brought a tear to my eye, hell, infact it pretty much did.

Steve-d, I'm liking the beat to it. Also Ken speaking is pretty cool. Thanks alot for the song.

Only thing I don't get is though, did Tito really have to wear that shirt after him and Ken made up and appologized? For ****s sake seriously....One less plug for Punishment Athletics or whatever it was isn't going to hurt his money.
i hear ya and agree, but tito will be tito and the shirt thing is part of his act, like he said, saorry for the antics its part of my act.

Tito is just the type to make MMA like WWF, sad but true.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Steve-d said:
i hear ya and agree, but tito will be tito and the shirt thing is part of his act, like he said, saorry for the antics its part of my act.

Tito is just the type to make MMA like WWF, sad but true.

Ya, Tito is all about causing controversy and getting viewers in. In a way it's good for the ratings for however long he is on the TV. He bashes Ken Shamrock about him going to wrestling, well wake the **** up asshole! You went to TNA and special referee'd two matches...Whatever though I'll stop.

Once again, thanks for the song.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken Shamrock said:
Ya, Tito is all about causing controversy and getting viewers in. In a way it's good for the ratings for however long he is on the TV. He bashes Ken Shamrock about him going to wrestling, well wake the **** up asshole! You went to TNA and special referee'd two matches...Whatever though I'll stop.

Once again, thanks for the song.
LOL your welcome and yah as long as tito and ken are not fighting we should calm down, no need to go on yelling at tito. Try to be the better person like ken was..

·
Banned
723 Posts
His lose and retirement sent me into a big slump. No matter what BS shannigans Tito pulled, Ken will always be a legend. God Bless you Ken. We will miss you. Thanks for giving us your heart and soul and making this sport what it is today. :(

Great song by the way. You make it longer and add some more of Ken Shamrocks voice clips. That will be classic.

Pogo

·
The Reverend
1,889 Posts
sound cool man! yeah in my heart i really wanted Ken to knock Tito the EFF out! but i knew it wouldnt happen, i even told people, if my money was on it id say Tito in round 1. saddened me to say that.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had tears, I wont deny it.

Good song man. I am glad that I am not the only one really saddened by his retirement. He was and is a great hero and he makes me inspired to be a better person and a better fighter.

At leats we get to see more of him now. I hope he commentates and coaches more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya its a good song. I would have to say good job steve-d.

MY TOP 5 FAVORITE FIGHTERS
Ken Shamrock
GSP
Chuck lidell
Randy couture
Matt Serra

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats a good jam to hear, Shamrock is the man and nobody can say that he doesnt have heart.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:

dont feel bad..every one in the audience was crying when randy retired..forrest rashad nate quarry arlovski, obviously randy's girl..and everyone else, it was really sad..one of these days ill get the picks up on here from that event..the pic i got of randy really captures who he was..you can see everyone in the backround is upset or crying, and heres randy with this huge smile on his face posing for the camera, bloody nose and everything..i guess these guys probably feel a sense of relief at that moment..as much as it stings they know its time to take a bow..

·
Registered
122 Posts
The only thing that couldve made it better was a going out fight against another legend like Frye wouldve been awesome. Retirement of a pioneer because hate him or love him he loved the sport and brought alot of fans to it through the wrestling thing.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yeah I hate to admit it but ken going to WWF was one of the best things ever to happen to UFC. Thats how I discovered UFC because I watched WWF at the time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That video is badass, hes early fights should be enough to consider him a legend. He would make those guys scream when he put those locks on those guys. If anyone doesnt believe hes a legend just watch the Bas fight he was killer in that fight. You can see were frank shamrock got some of his skills.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
corvettecarrillo said:
That video is badass, hes early fights should be enough to consider him a legend. He would make those guys scream when he put those locks on those guys. If anyone doesnt believe hes a legend just watch the Bas fight he was killer in that fight. You can see were frank shamrock got some of his skills.
well i think it all comes down to NEW fans, and YOUNg fans who like stuff like tito flipping people off. And they think its cool to treat a legend like he is trash.

Thats what i think, i think any oldschool MMA fan can appreciate shammy.

·
Banned
723 Posts
Great video. Shamrock was an animal in those day's.

I just wish that punk Tito Ortiz could have fought THAT Ken Shamrock. We would have definitly seen who is the better fighter.

Pogo

·
Registered
268 Posts
Seriously. I just cant think of anyone who appreciates MMA and also has a valid reason to treat Shamrock like shit.

He is one of the pioneers. He gave his life for this sport. Like him or not, you WILL respect him.

Anyone else want to tryout for the Lions Den? I know they arent the best anymore, but hey, I think I can change that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.